Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Chiropracters

Old 10-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Chiropracters

So, I've never been to one, since I've never had back problems. But is it good to go once in awhile anyway, kind of like an annual check up, to make sure everything is good with your spine and back?

I know some people go just to have their backs cracked and feel better, but is that really a good reason to go see one? Other than if you already have pain or issues with your back...is there are any other benefit or reason to go and see one?

Old 10-08-2009, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

I went to one after I got rear ended a few years ago. I never had any luck with them. I always left with a headache. I went to physical therapy and that helped a lot more than the chiropractor ever did.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Sonata LX

every move you make is affected by your spine position and posture. i see mine once a month to get re-alligned, and after i was in my car accident, i had a pinched nerve in my lower 4 vertibrae. i saw him 3 times a week for 2 weeks, and by the end of the third session, my pain and soreness was nearly gone. it takes some time to see results, but when everything is back in line (chiropractor joke), you stand better, breathe better, lessened pain and stiffness, better range of movement, and less headaches are even a possibility if your neck is kinked. totally worth it
Old 10-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I've been considering it for my wife, who has 5 fractured thoracic discs, but I don't know if it would benefit her.

Bones pop because of the muscle tightness around them. Josh - since you have no back pain, I'd suggest the old, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" line.

I'm sure it's great for some people, especially when their back muscles are twisted and messed up from accidents and injuries, but if you aren't having problems, I wouldn't mess with it.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

doing basic sports warm up stretches gives you somewhat that same results. the big one for me is laying on your back and taking one leg and crossing it over the other one while lying on your back, hold for a 15 count and breathe. i always get a pop or 3 from my lower back.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I know this is bad, but ever had a girl walk on your back? Feels great and I always end up getting my back cracked in a million places. smile.gif
Old 10-09-2009, 08:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

in high school one of the chics in the group i hung out with could crack backs... she didnt walk on it though she made you lay on your stomach and push your spine the proper way and it felt like a ripple wave and your back cracked all the way up.