Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Appetite supressants

Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K1 Red Tib
Default Appetite supressants

Whats a good safe supressant to take during the day to help cravings? Im trying to shed some pounds by going to the gym and eating healthy but during the day I get these intense cravings to want to hit up the vending machine a bunch of times. I would just much rather pop a pill or take something that will kill my appetite until I get home and can make dinner.

I eat a good breakfast (usually fruit and cereal), a good lunch involving veggies or chicken (I sometimes cheat and get a sub or pizza though) and a healthy dinner. Its usually right around 10 in the morning or 3 in the afternoon when cravings hit. So any ideas other than just bringing in a protein bar or something else to eat?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Suck it up, and drink water. Coffee has a mild appetite suppressant effect, but don't go nuts with it. Being busy helps, so if you can occupy yourself with something that you can't stop doing when you will be getting munchies, try that.

Seriously. If you force yourself to discipline yourself mentally, you will be a stronger (mentally) and smaller (physically) person. Yes it sucks, but that's my method I can still fit in my old uniforms.

P.S. I like that front bumper.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:11 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe LX

Just stay fully hydrated and eat less but more often (5-6 meals a day). Pizza isn't that bad for you, but if you need to eat grab a piece of fruit like a banana.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

is that your bumper? Looks like a Genius front end? I only remember one other being in the U.S., up in the MD area.

Drink water. Pop some grapes or small fruit to get you through the cravings. They're sweet, and the fiber will help. Don't go overboard, as they're full of sugar. The carbs may help you stay active throughout the day and supply your muscles when you finally get to the gym.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Green Tea. I've been doing it for a year now and it helps me. I'm not talking about can stuff. I'm talking about real straight up green tea. Even cheap gas station Green tea bags will do.