Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

New GB for RotorPros! Pads, Brake Lines, Rotors!

Old 09-24-2004, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Here's a lil thread yall can have fun with.....

I'm not sure...I'll have to e-mail him and find out which ones he quoted me for. I'll get back to ya. I too would like to know who else has had an issue with the paint. I was going to get painted ones. And still might if it's only a few people having problems.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: FS: center bar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lil_Tiby)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not sure...I'll have to e-mail him and find out which ones he quoted me for. I'll get back to ya. I too would like to know who else has had an issue with the paint. I was going to get painted ones. And still might if it's only a few people having problems.</div>

i asked specifically for drilled slotted, and above are the prices i got laugh.gif

mine are non-painted zinc coated ones
Old 09-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: TigerLily 270 Beta in/ex cams

oh boy... sorry for not responding, I've been out of town all weekend for work.

So $220 is the price he gave you for the rotors? Did that include paypal fees, shipping, or anything else? That's only $10 more than the group buy price was... maybe he's charging me more than everybody else.

I did mark up the price on a few orders.... but none of the orders that came from online or Hyundai owners. A few local guys were wanting rotors, they told me to order them, then changed their mind after the order was already placed, then decided they did want them after all... kept changing their minds on what they wanted and actually costed Rotorpros some money... so I charged them $25 extra for the rotors, and gave $20 of it to Rotorpros and kept $5 for myself (I had to deal with the idiots). $25 markup wasn't much, since they were for a 350z and a Lexus GS400... their rotors are a little more expensive since they're larger, and generally just more expensive. They aren't hurting for money anyways. So there was the markup. I didn't screw anybody here out of any money or try to rip anybody off.

I am sorry for those who aren't happy with the paint. I wish there was something I could do for you, but I can't. All I can ask is for <u>everybody</u> to post their experience with the painted hubs and let others know how it worked for them, so anyone who's planning on buying a set (like Lil' Tibby) can know what to expect. I've already given my opinion, and JalemX has given his, so everybody else please let us know how the paint is working for you. RotorPros usually charges $10 per rotor for paint, and has been giving it to us Hyundai guys for $30 total, so they're cutting us a deal.

I got prices on pads and brake lines, and was very upfront with all of you. I told you the prices I can get them for, and it's obviously more expensive than other places, so I urge you to go with the best deal. The quality of the rotors are much higher than the "economy" rotors sold on EBay.... but as for brake lines, I don't know how to compare those. The brake pads would be more expensive ordering from Rotorpros, because he doesn't get a good deal on them and can't make any money, and he still has to pay for shipping.

I'm trying to be up front with all of you. I've been on the Hyundai forums for a few years and most people know me, I've met a few people in person (Tony - Random, Chris - Blacktibs, Steve - TiburonCruiser, Andrew - SupermanShark, Jason - SPIKE) and they all may be able to vouch for my loyalty to the Hyundai scene (maybe Chris and Steve more than anyone). I'm not here to make money off of you guys. I'm trying to get the best prices for you so that when Tiburons enter car shows or run at the tracks, other people might gain a little more respect for the Hyundai's.

My opinion on why the prices may have been raised for me is because I had a few international orders, and the communication was confused between myself and Rotorpros, and they actually lost some money. Zoe was really helpful and patient because I quoted her the wrong price and shipping information. It was nobody's fault but mine, but Rotorpros lost some money on the international orders. Maybe that's why they bumped the price up for me. I'm not saying anything bad about those who placed international orders, because it was my fault and nobody elses. I shipped to Belgium, UK, and a few places in Canada. Rotorpros wasn't aware of how much the international shipping would be, they were given wrong shipping quotes, and a big mess happened as a result.

Sorry if anybody was unhappy with the quality of the paint, but I hope you are all still happy with the rotors. They are high quality, and I haven't heard one argument with that. Please post your feedback on the product and let others know about it. Rotorpros has really helped us out and I want to continue to send them business. Tell your friends about it, Rotorpros can get aftermarket rotors for almost any car that I've asked about (except the SVT focus, which will hopefully soon be coming out). wink.gif

Okay, I'm rambling, and it's 1:30 in the morning. It's been a long weekend and i've got class in the morning. Goodnight, and I hope this post makes sense to somebody
Old 09-27-2004, 12:54 PM

Default Re: SUPENSION BARS??

Well when I got into work on Monday, Rich had sent me an e-mail late on Friday and this is what he said......<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Hello Angela. I was double checking my prices and I actually misquoted you!! The best I can do for all four rotors shipped is $220 plus $30 for the painting. I am sorry about that. I will knock off $10 for you if you still want them. So $210 for all four rotors plus $30 for the colored one's. Sorry again. Please use this email if you would like to order.</div>

So he misquoted me...my bad for all this. As I said, I was just curious as to what the regular price was on them because I can't wait around for another GB, I need rotors now. So if the price wasn't too much higher than I was just going to order straight from the company.

Anyhow...it's understandable to markup a little in a GB...people do it all the time. And majik didn't mark up a lot. I don't think anybody is saying they got ripped off by you...but I can't speak for everyone.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: exhaust sound

I paid $245 for all four of mine, painted red, drilled and slotted. OEM prices are not far off from these prices.

All I have to say is that you cannot get better than this along with the price tag. I have yet to review these because I still cannot find any brake pads! So I'm waiting until I get my F2 Bumper so my mechanic can do everything at once. He will paint the calipers when he puts the rotors on.

The rotors are noticably high quality. The paint is super. The zinc coating is super. These things are JUST what I had in mind when I was thinking of buying rotors (...and I have high taste). I thought I was going to end up with some junk that will only "pass" for rotors. But these things are lustrous, shiny, attractive, strong! I'm one happy customer here who canot wait to get these on. The shipping was great from rotorpros. The box it came in was filled with tons and tons of newspaper wrapping. I mean loads of it. It took me 10 mins to get down to the goodies only to find out the rotors were in seperate boxes all cuddled and tucked in safely in the middle--Now, that shows that they care about your items and don't just box them to ship off and away not to mention the long journey the box has been through.

Majik was on time when he said he was doing the GB. He promised one in mid August and it lasted for about 2 months from that date! The information given to me was prompt. Thank you one more time.

I know everyone who got these are satisfied. If there's a little scratch in the paint or something, it's nothing compared to what rotors normally go through during driving, let alone to what your entire car goes through during driving. There's no "small unreadable font" here =)

I would reccomend rotorpros to all Tibs. The OEM ones are okay, but not half as good as these are!
Old 09-27-2004, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Air Ride Tib..finaly got pics

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>There's no "small unreadable font" here =)</div>

Sure there is....Depending on what theme you are using.....

"<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">small</span> <span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:black">unreadable</span></span> <span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">font</span>" (Im using Concept, FYI)

;-)

On a serious note, I am also pleased with my rotors. Pads put out a bit more dust than i was expecting, though. Oh well. still a great purchase, and for these prices you'd be STUPID not to upgrade your brakes....whether they really need to be replaced or not.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:27 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default Re: FS - everything is for sale

so 250 for painted rotors + 60 ss brake lines + 60 (?) pads = like 370, why would we pay 400?..
Old 10-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: New GB for RotorPros! Pads, Brake Lines, Rotors!

that's why I told you to get the brake lines from REDZ. I can't offer the best prices, that's why I'm trying to help you guys out.

This group buy has ended. I can't offer the best prices.

<span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">For anybody who still wants the rotors...</span>
E-Mail rotorpros@yahoo.com

I will write the e-mail for you. Copy and Paste this.
----------
"
I would like to purchase rotors for my Tiburon. I have a (input Tiburon YEAR here) and I have (Enter Captive or Non-Captive here) Rotors.

Brandon (majikTib) told me that I could get a discounted price of $220 for all four, shipped to my door, and for $30 more I can get the hubs painted. Is this offer still available?

"
----------

You can get any of the following designs:
Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Dimpled and Slotted Rotors
Cross Drilled Only
Slotted Only
Dimpled Only

Rich at RotorPros is also trying to find the best prices for Steel Brake Lines and Brake Pads. You can inquire about new prices he might have, hopefully soon he'll be able to get a better deal with a distributor
Old 10-03-2004, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: WOO WOOOOO!!! (Funny)

Requested to be locked.

Locked.