Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Gentex Rear-View Mirrors

Old 09-28-2004, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: lambo doors

I have been working with a seller on ebay who carries Gentex/Donnelly mirrors. These mirrors are the ones found on tons of upper end cars. The seller has nearly perfect feedback with over 1000 transactions....

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBa...erid=copper_z71

WHAT?

here is a picture of the Gentex auto dim/temp./compass/LED maplights

The only problem we have found is that hyundai uses a oddball mount for their mirrors. He has agreed to include a mounting button and glue kit for free. You can glue this mount to the side, above, or below the stock mount. Maybe even on top of. Im personally going to try to take off the stock mount and glue the new one in place of it. You might even be able to rip off the mounting clip on the stock mirror and attach it to the new one somehow. Either way, I wouldnt worry about the mounting problems. they are not hard to get around, and im sure someone will figure out something that works good, we always do. wink.gif

HOW MUCH?

Compass/temp/autodim/LED maplites:
K31 = $190 including UPS ground
K31 in Michigan = $201.40 including sales tax & UPS ground
K31 to Canada = $200 including USPS Express Mail

Compass/temp/autodim:
K21 = $177.50 including UPS ground
K21 in Michigan = $188.15 including sales tax & UPS ground
K21 to Canada = $187.50 including USPS Express Mail

Compass/autodim:
K5 = $160.00 including UPS ground
K5 in Michigan = $169.60 including sales tax & UPS ground
K5 to Canada = $170.00 including USPS Express Mail

The gentex mirrors will come with a three year warranty.

He also has "Homelink" Gentex mirrors. With the homelink feature, you can open up your garage doors. He can not publicly advertise the price, but if you are interested, write him an email and he can give you a price individually. It is the same email address as the paypal addy. Be sure to tell him you are involved in the "RdTib" group.

PAYMENT PLAN

For payment, you will be paying in full on this one. This way there are no sitting on deposits, and it is much easier to keep track of things. This is not based on people involved. You pay, he ships within a day or two. More like a club discount than a group buy. wink.gif

His paypal address his mirrors@qtm.net

If you are paying by money order, mail it to:

R T & Associates
7653 W. Forest Lawn Rd.
Three Oaks, MI 49128-9558

Be sure that with whatever payment you send, you write somewhere that you are in the RdTib group. Also be sure to write that you need the free mounting kit.

When you send in payment, forward a copy of the reciept to chrisweir01@yahoo.com. Include your forum name and the forum you belong to(because i will be spreading this to many forums later). If you pay by money order, just write me an email telling me, and I will make sure that as soon as he recieves you are added to the list.

INVOLVED:
Old 09-28-2004, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: for your viewing pleasure

K31 for me. It'll be a bit though. How long are these prices good for?

Also, I don't understand all this "Compliment" talk. And what's the difference between the MFR's?
Old 09-29-2004, 07:37 AM

Default Re: SUPENSION BARS??

I think he's saying those are the prices for the Gentex mirrors, and that the comparable Donnelly mirror will be the same price.

And the only difference I can see is the mirror shape and where the readouts are located. That and the warrantys.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Baltimore meet details, 8/13 - 8/15

Tibby, can you try to find out what kind of bulbs the donnelly uses??

If they are a fairly common (say like 74, b/c its got to be small) type I'd get the donnelly and just replace the bulbs before mounting it.

I like how it has the display under the mirror instead of inside of it.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:39 AM

Default Re: SUPENSION BARS??

actually, sorry guys. i think im going to have to take the donnelly mirrors off. the donnellys use a camlock style mount, and there is almost no easy way of getting them to work with our cars.

redz, this will prolly be going on for a while. there really isnt an end date.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Results from tonight's race :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you pay <span style="color:red"><u>my</u></span> money order, just write me an email telling me, and I will make sure that as soon as he recieves you are added to the list.</div>

Why would we want to do that??? ;-)

J/K, I'll edit it in a minute.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: confused limey!

So the ones we will be getting are the ones pictured with the info IN the mirror?

Someone find out how much the Homelink one is. It'd be nice to have that when I get a garage.

Also mang, how hard is it to set this all up?
Old 09-30-2004, 03:49 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Re: Unofficial RDTib Females Thread *pics*

Don't do it REDZ. Then fools will just wait until you are gone and the tib is there and use it to break in.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:02 AM

Default Re: anyone know anything about dean tires?

YO!! That's hot.... Not bad price at all... Any price breaks?

can somebody explain what autodim does?

got pics of the mirrors in action?
Old 09-30-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Re: pics

autodim....

there is a light sensor on the mirror. as soon as it detects a certain amount of light, it will move itself so you arent blinded by the cars behind you at night. an electronic version of that little flip tab if you will.

there arent any price breaks, this is more just like a forum discount. figure the k31 normally go for about 200 plus shipping on ebay, you are saving about 20 dollars on this.

redz, they wouldnt be hard to hook up at all. a power and a ground wire(you could use the ones for your sunroof, or map lights so it turns on when your car turns on). and then you just gotta route the temp sensor to somewhere where it will pick up an acurate temperature. im pretty sure thats is a harness hook-up, so no soldering at all would be needed for this.

and yes, the ones you will be getting are the ones with the little box of info in the upper right hand corner.