Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Gb: Stainless Steel Exhaust For 1 Gen, 2 Gen

Old 08-23-2006, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read all the rules in the classified rules section, hope im getting this right.

Were starting a prebuy to make a new exhaust. One for the 97-99 Tiburon, one for the 00-01 Tiburon. This will be made at the new factory we use in Korea top of the line stuff. So far this year, we have held successful prebuys at our new factory for 03-06 V6 Exhaust, 03-06 2.0 Exhaust, 00-06 Accent Exhaust, 00-06 Accent header, 01-06 Elantra Exhaust, 01-06 Elantra header (in production now). Some of our customers have said its the best quality exhaust they have ever seen, regardless of brand, as far as the welds, and the stainless steel quality goes. Theyre all mandrel bent of course. Here is a picture of one of our exhausts just lying on the floor...one of the oval tip muffler systems:

We will be making one for the 97-99 Tiburon, and the 00-01 Tiburon. I have a 00-01 Tiburon so the test fitment for the prototype shouldnt be a problem for me, except for the fact that i have the cuda body kit on my car, so im wondering if that will mess up my calculations for the muffler placement. So actually to do the prototypes i think it might be best if we have BOTH a 97-99 tiburon and 00-01 tiburon with stock rear bumper, and stock exhaust system.

We would also need to vote on the Style of the muffler. I have a page for that set up here: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=17594

Anyway, we need 3 prebuys only per generation Tiburon to get started. (we have to make 25 initially).

Prebuy price is 250 plus shipping, 295 including shipping.

After we get the 3 prebuys each then we do the mockups on the cars, send it to Korea for production, and 4-8 weeks later have them here. Down payment is refundable at any time, MINUS the 4% fee if youre paying with credit card. Money orders are 100% refundable, as is paypal within the first 30 days. Shipping will be from california once its in stock.

97-99 Tiburon Exhaust
1. SLOT FILLED/Paid

00-01 Tiburon Exhaust

If i get website orders ill put them on here to keep you guys updated.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

what diameter pipe will it be?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm considering it, as I definately need an exhaust.

I've got a RD1 and RD2, both with stock exhausts & bodies for now.

Are you going to have a o2 bung on it?

They look pretty damned nice, that's for sure.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:57 AM

I'm in i'll be sending my payment in asap.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

holy cow a production exhaust for us!

Would I be able to buy just the stainless steel mid section and rear section piping without the muffler? if so, what price??
Old 08-23-2006, 02:01 PM

Are any of those muffler choices not straight through?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Aug 23 2006, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>holy cow a production exhaust for us!</div>

thou shalt not take my name in vain! lmao.gif

anyways looks great, great price! maybe I won't have to do a custom exhaust....

is this just a cat back? also will this have o2 bungs preinstalled?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:32 PM

Also wondering, is it going over or under in the rear? The Apexi design goes UNDER and showed the best gains on the exhausts out there.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>what diameter pipe will it be?</div>

On all of the exhausts we have done for 2.0L cars we have found just under 2.25 inches to be best.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Are you going to have a o2 bung on it?</div>

They will be made to be 100% bolt on. So if the stock exhaust has an O2 bung at a certain place, so will this one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Would I be able to buy just the stainless steel mid section and rear section piping without the muffler? if so, what price??</div>

I dont think this will be possible in the beginning, the first part. As far as the second part, our second section will have the muffler welded on, so we couldnt sell that part seperately, sorry.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Are any of those muffler choices not straight through?</div>

What do you mean? Like those mufflers that sit at an angle? I think thats just the way the piping is done. I dont think were going to get exotic like that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Also wondering, is it going over or under in the rear? The Apexi design goes UNDER and showed the best gains on the exhausts out there.</div>

Can you show pictures of both of those to show more of what youre talking about?
Old 08-23-2006, 03:35 PM

Here's the thread where Blacktibs put up a bunch of his stuff.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=4903&st=60
^^^
This page has the dynos and a few pics of the dyno process.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=4903&st=20
^^^
This page has about every picture of the apexi you'd want. See how it comes under the rear arms instead of taking that sharp turn over it then back?

The OVER style is like OEM.