Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Feeler Post For King Side Skirt Reproductions

Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok folks, the ball is moving!!! I am working with a company from New York, Bay Speed. they are very excited to start working with us! I will be sending them the skirts to reproduce here in about 2 weeks. They need to be fitted to my car and verify fitment, then they will be sent out. Once Bay Speed has them, they will be sent out to their manufacturer to produce the mold and get these puppies off the line.

This is what I need from all of you who are interested NOW!

A Basic Head count of the number of folks interested.

I talked briefly to the representative for Bay Speed, and if there are at least 10-15 people for a group buy, we should get a pretty hefty discount. Once I get a head count, I will need to get a collection from you guys. It will be your deposit on the skirts. Shouldn't be to much, but I cant have people backing out on me. I am upping the money to buy, fit, and ship these original skirts to the company, so I need to make sure that if you say you will buy, then you WILL be buying.

Complete production and shipment of the reproductions will take between 2-3 months. I am going to try to get these rushed, but its really up to their manufacturer as to how quickly they get done. So, if all goes well, these should be out by early May.

Here are a few quick glances of the king side skirts to entice you!

If I'm not mistaken, these will fit RD1's and RD2's. So, both parties may rejoice.

We are looking for at least 10 to do the initial run. This should give us the biggest discount the company offers. I'll have concrete numbers once I talk to Harrison on Monday. I would say they should be no more than 250 shipped, possibly under 200 shipped! Deposits will be 50.00 a head when the official group buy begins.

Thanks for looking and get signed up people!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumpers! I may be intrested!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:49 AM

I'm in of course fing02.gif

This as to be the first rd1 I've ever seen modified back in the old days and regardless how many years ago those pictures where taken I still find it sexier than ever! Love the spoiler as well, I know I'm off topic, but as anyone ever been able to put there hands on this wing?
Old 02-02-2008, 07:50 AM

Great! Thats two! Mad-Machine should be chiming in here soon as well. Counting me thats 4. So.....we need 6 more!

1. tibbytib
2. Pascoile
3. RedShark - Maybe?
Old 02-02-2008, 09:53 AM

If you can wait a week from today for the 250 count me 100% in!!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:47 PM

Right on Scott! I wont need the deposits until I actually commit to the reproductions and send these out to the manufacturer. Expect that sometime next week, maybe next weekend.

As far as the deposits go, I will most likely ask for half down with NO REFUNDS. The reason for this is I am upping all the upfront costs, so if you say you are in, then you're in! I have to be able to count on people for this. Sorry, but thats how this Group buy is going to go. fing02.gif

Ok, another head count just for fun:

1. tibbytib
2. Pascoile
3. redshark - maybe
4. pile_of_rd1
Old 02-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned

regarding the wing.. i know of a place that makes the wing for CHEAP, but it would have to be slightly modified to fit a tib. i had the last of the ATH wings and i sold it.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:09 PM

bump! We need 6 more people to get in on our group buy! So sign up!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

put me down
Old 02-05-2008, 08:45 AM

Right on!!! Ok, thats 5. Let me try to get a hold of Mad Machine. With him, we'll have 5 confirmed, 6 if DJ commits. I'd say if we can get to 8 and I can get deposits from <u>everyone</u>, I will put up the rest of the money and get our order in. Shouldn't have any problem getting at least 2 more people between now and April to order, hopefully more. At least I wouldn't imgaine. Getting 10 right now would be best though! So keep this thread on top peeps!

1. tibbytib
2. Pascoile
3. redshark - maybe
4. pile_of_rd1
5. mwood

One more update:

Official Group Buy Price:

185.00 plus actual shipping. So, I will need everyones shipping address to give each person an exact estimate to your order. Should be around 30 to 50 dollars state side. Not sure what international orders would be. This should keep our <u>shipped</u> group buy prices right around the 200-250 range!