Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Airram Compatible 1 Piece Front Strut Bars.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay, after seeing some different bars at Nopi, I talked Viper into making these for us.

We need 10 DEFINATES to get this done, and he WILL do it. Since Kikassboy and Hotshot fell through, we have to go internal.

Good news is, these bars will be the best. There will be no pivot points, and one mount. THey will work with or without an airram, and will go IN FRONT of the airram surge tank.

They will be avaialble in Powdercoated, and he's looking at Red and Black currently, maybe with more colors to follow.

Even BETTER news, is if this goes well, he MAY do a complimentary set for the back, again in ONE piece. These will allow the rear seats to close fully, unlike some of the other bars out there.

An example of what they will look like is the RRM bar made for the GK's, but reversed, so it goes away from the firewall.

Pricing should be right at $100 shipped, give or take a few when he finds out material pricing.

If you back out, you will be banned from the for sale/group buy forums for 1 year.

Please post your interest in the format below.

(Username), (Front, Rear, or both), (Preferred powdercoating)

EXAMPLE...

REDZMAN - F&R - (Black, Blue or polished)

1. REDZMAN - F&R - (Black, Blue or polished)
2. SplinterCeL - F&R - Red (or Black)
3. HyundaiKitCoupe - F - (Black)
4. zoned019 - Both - (Polished preferred, Red is okay too)
5. Rare Rolla - Both - Black

Possible...

1. Mister_Sinister
2. Hot_Rod
3. Crimson
4. Tibracer33
5. FunkyPC
6. SOCKS

Again, this WILL happen. Once the interest is CONFIRMED, he will begin. Payments SHOULD be due upon completion of bars.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001/hyundai/tiburon

I would be interested in one, but I think they would look better going against the firewall.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:34 AM

i dont think the bar would fit behond the airram against the firewall, but i could see
Old 09-20-2006, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibracer33 @ Sep 20 2006, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I would be interested in one, but I think they would look better going against the firewall.</div>

These aren't being done for looks. Going to the firewall will cause problems, especially on those folks with dual fuel rails or outlaw engineering spacers, there just is no room. Going in FRONT of it will work for everyone.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Would the fronts AND rears be produced at the same time? What about center bars?
Old 09-20-2006, 02:43 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

the example in the picture does look really skinny. I may be in if this would be for both front and the rear, or if we can get some measurements on the thickness and stuff.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

HyundaiKitCoupe F (Black)

I would recommend piping a wee little thicker only if possible, as thick as can fit. And where are the strut brackets for the studs?
Old 09-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Banned

i would be INTERESTED in these.. a center bar added to the set would be a good idea.. like 150-175 shipped for front, rear, and center would be really nice..

even thought this ELIMINATES pivot points wouldnt it be better if it had a mount welded to the bar that bolted to ALL 3 strut tower bolts? would this be possible to do, even for a lil more $$. what type of steel is that tubing and how thick is the actual tubing.. not dia. of the tube, but the thickness of the tube wall?

but going in front of the air ram would be imperitive.. screw looks.. not what a strut bar is for.. and with my fuel spacer, and air ram, under engine tourque, my stock TB hits the firewall. i know i need poly mounts, but having the strut bar behind air ram would NOT be a good idea..

and with a 3 mount bracket, welded to the bar, you could have the bar STRAIGHT, instead of have bends.. even if that upped the price 50-75 bucks, i am SURE people would still be in for it..
Old 09-20-2006, 02:56 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

Add me in for front strut bar only (polished). Finally a strutbar for airram compatible
Old 09-20-2006, 03:04 PM

I'm in fo shizzle! Front AND rear!