Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

97-01 Tiburon Gullwingdoor Kits Group Buy

Old 08-22-2005, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was the first kit made for the 1 and 2 gen Tiburons. To answer a question that surely will come up, the reason it is called "gullwingdoors" is because that is the brand name of the product, and the website (www.gullwingdoors.com). It is not meant to be an exact description of how the doors open. Just like people call them scissor doors (they do not resemble scissors as they open), vertical doors (doors do not go directly vertical), etc., this is just the name we have chosen for the kits.

The kits description can be found here:

http://www.evofusionusa.com/TeamSR/Hyundai...lwingdoors.html

Made at the same factory as our Tuscani ones:
http://www.evofusionusa.com/TeamSR/Hyundai...lwingdoors.html

They now come with a special gold coating to prevent rust, but you can paint over it if you so choose.

Again, we have a 100% 1 year warranty on the kits, including the shocks.

Regular price is 995 plus shipping for the complete kit, the group buy price, if we can get 5 interested is 845 plus shipping. Installation guide can be found at www.gullwingdoors.com

So post here if you are interested, or email orders@evofusionusa.com. These are in stock in California.

1. Phenomenal_Thunder
2. gspots-01htse
Old 08-22-2005, 12:18 AM

i am interested for sure but how long will this last?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:36 AM

It will only last until 5 people pay for it. Not sure when the next special will be. Ill put your name up there as being interseted. If you change your mind, let me know.

Hopefully it wont take more than a week or two to get all 5 people.

This is just for people who want something thats in stock already, and has been "battle tested" for almost a year worldwide, not a new product. Verticaldoors.com is THE most wide known name for this kind of thing, but its taken them months (6?) to get their Hyundai kits finished and fitting properly. Im sure they will eventually get it right. For those who want to stick it out, by all means wait for the VDC from any of their many distributors. (do they have a one year warranty?). But for the rest of you, this group buy is for you!

I dont have anything negative to say about the VDC kits because i dont think they have even been finished yet. I can only speak for these that we have been selling for a long time.. fing02.gif

*Mod edit, Please do not double post*
Old 08-22-2005, 04:53 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I deleted my post, it wasn't meant to be so strong but after reading it, it seemed pretty harsh. Sorry about that. cool.gif

in all fairness, I saw a Shark Racing kit bolted onto a GK at NOPI in Bristol, and it looked good and the installer said the kit was great, once he finally got it from SR.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:04 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Okay guys just to clear the air here. Of course you can try to run a GB here. All Majiktib is intending is to do your research from anyone that you buy from. He's just making sure the people that hang here and trust the site don't get railroaded. That's all.

Unless something changes I don't see a problem. Like I said, as with any purchase over the internet, please make sure to check for credibility before sending over any of your hard earned cash.

Potential buyers - please be clear on the RDTiburon Classified section rules, and if there are any questions feel free to bug me with them at any time.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Just so everyone knows, this is the price you can buy from them EVERY DAY on Ebay.

What a group buy eh?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-01-TIBUR...sspagenameZWDVW

But with a 95% ebay rating, I don't think I'd recommend buying from SR/TSR/EF anyways.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBa...serid=evofusion

For more information on this company, please, search the boards for their name, or check the Better Business Bureau.

http://www.bbb.org/

Searching any of those names at Hyundai Performance or the old Hyundai Aftermarket.com forums will show you a lot of interesting info.

Enjoy the decision. I don't even see one here.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:40 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>in all fairness, I saw a Shark Racing kit bolted onto a GK at NOPI in Bristol, and it looked good and the installer said the kit was great, once he finally got it from SR.</div>

Yes, they do sell the same kit as us from the same main factory in Korea. So, if someone says they have the "Shark Racing" One, thats the same as ours, just private labled as theirs, as well as a few other companies we sell this to.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Just so everyone knows, this is the price you can buy from them EVERY DAY on Ebay.</div>

This is the complete kit. The one on ebay is without the wire kit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>But with a 95% ebay rating, I don't think I'd recommend buying from SR/TSR/EF anyways.</div>

96% is pretty good with most of the negatives either being bogus, or happening during our transitions months ago. By the way, Shark Racing does not have an ebay account that im aware of anymore, TSR is not a company. The ebay account is EF.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>For more information on this company, please, search the boards for their name, or check the Better Business Bureau.</div>

By all means. You should not find many if any negatives about ef auto on here, nor do we have any report at all on bbb.

For the person posting negative feedback, do you see how many months back you had to go to get negative feedback? Do you even know the stories behind those? Such as the customers not giving us business addresses for shipping, not telling us what year their car was, etc.?

Were not perfect, but even with shipping some of our products from korea before, and shipping worldwide, we had a 96% positive rating which is dang good considering the shipping problems that would come up. Now, were mostly shipping from the US, which has even lowered any negatives.

But dont take it from me. Take it from the 96% on ebay who have a good experience with us, Take it from the 1500 positive transactions we have done this year so far on our website. Or, pay with a credit card or paypal, if you think that we will somehow try to pull something on a gullwing door order. YOu have your funds guaranteed that way.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ayways, I didn't want this to go here. No more off topic here guys, let Brad sell his ... products. If you have issues, complaints or comments, direct them to the appropriate threads.

Brad, the floor is yours for your wonderiffic great price group buy.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:31 AM

Just a couple of questions..

how many shocks/struts are used per door? 1 or 2?

Also.. what kind of warranty do you have on the struts?

I was the Jt autostyle R&D car... and well... i go through struts pretty often...
So just askin..

Speakin of which.. could you please post pics of the hinges..

Ive noticed the jtautostyle kit is used by many other companies...
Old 08-22-2005, 11:56 AM

There is one strut per door. We had experimented with a multiple shock system with the 03-05 Tiburon, but had a lot of problems with those, so we changed the design.

THe 1 year warranty covers the struts as well. If it fails within a year from your purchse, you get a replacement free of charge. Not sure how many in Korea, but weve only sold about 30 of these here in the USA and Europe and havent had any recalls on the struts. We make a Civic Kit, sold about 50, and have had 2 replacement strut claims.

<span style="colorrange">Merged, PLEASE DON'T DOUBLE POST</span>

I didnt bring my digital camera today. Ill try to take pictures. This isnt cookie cutter like jt. They are able to make so many kits because they have a set bracket they use for most, and just drill different holes for different applications. This one was made about a year ago, specifically for the 97-01 Tiburon.

Have you ever had any rust with your kit out of curiosity?