General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Would you rent your car out to someone?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon
Default Would you rent your car out to someone?

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/24/f...or-renting-ou/

Three young entrepreneurs from California have come up with an idea that could earn you free parking at the airport. What's the catch? You let them rent out your car while you're gone.

The start-up, called FlightCar, is the brainchild of three barely out-of-high-school business-minded individuals. The idea is to realize the possible synergy of people arriving for a flight with a car they need to put somewhere, and people arriving on a flight who need to rent a car.

The benefit to the car owner is that his or her vehicle is whisked away from the airport upon their arrival and then given back to them at the curb upon their return, free of charge. The car is cleaned and gassed up to pre-trip levels, and the owner even gets a gas card worth at least $10.

How about the renter? That person, who in this case wouldn't be a renter so much as a member of a car-sharing service (like ZipCar or RelayRides), gets a vehicle to use while in town at a much cheaper rate than a normal rental car. One example given by Boston.com, which published an article on the start-up recently, was a Volkswagen Touareg that FlightCar could rent for $30/day, compared to a BMW SUV from Avis that cost $210/day.

FlightCar is still in its infancy and only operating at the San Francisco International Airport, but that shouldn't dissuade you from participating as either a renter or owner. Each car is covered by a $1,000,000 insurance policy for liability, comprehensive collision and theft, and renters must even meet eligibility requirements. The company also only accepts cars with less than 150,000 miles that are model year 1999 or newer. Plus, the selection looks more interesting than what's offered at your average rental car counter, including a nice 2003 Mercury Marauder that's available to rent next week.

I would rather pay for a parking spot than do this. If people drove my car the way I drive rental cars, then there isnt a chance in hell I would allow this to happen.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Oh. Hell. No.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

NO..i worry enough about my clutch and syncros enough already, and i already spend enough money and time fixing it up all for someone to fVck it up.

not even if i was paid gas for it..Heck NO!

and then again..i'm sure they'd oppress a 17 year old korean car..and its stick,

Anthony, your sig cracks me up!..
Old 02-26-2013, 06:44 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

F that in the A
Old 02-27-2013, 06:35 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

OMG I NEVAR DRIVE STICK HAHA

Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

the guy's involved in this idea must think our cars are nothing more than transportation appliances, and as long as we get compensated for the gas and exterior and interior, owners won't mind.

targeting the mainstream everyday demographic?..bleh.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Originally Posted by Tak82
targeting the mainstream everyday demographic?..bleh.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

My first thought after reading the thread title was... Rent out my car!? NO WAY! The wifes car.........meh, whatever.