General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Winter Storage Crew -- Sign In!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Tibby
Default Winter Storage Crew -- Sign In!

I bought myself a ZX Blazer last night for a 2nd vehicle and winter ride. I decided to put my car up for the winter. First time it wont actually see the snow. Who else stores their car? hiya.gif

Luckily my parents have an extra bay in their garage where they are gonna let me store it for the winter so it wont be outside in the elements. Now to read up on all the threads pertaining to proper storage. laugh.gif
Old 10-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Signing in! Car will be going into hibernation TOMORROW! sad.gif It has a fresh coat of wax, summer rims & tires are coming off tonight, stockers are going on instead, fresh oil change will be done in the morning, and it will be pulled into the garage and car cover will be placed on top. I will then pour myself a strong drink as I say goodbye to driving it for the next 5-6 months. laugh.gif tongue.gif
Old 10-22-2010, 01:28 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Tib I4

I might be in this crew as well. Ive been thinking alot about putting my car away. I can keep it under a car cover on the side of my friends garage. Im just worried about it being parked on the cold ground all winter. I guess if I put a couple of tarps down first and then pull the car on top of them it'll be ok. I'll probably wrap it with a tarp and get a good cover for it too. I know its important to allow the car to breathe under what ever is on top of it but since it will only be sitting there for 4 or 5 months then it shouldnt be too much of a problem. I need to find a good winter car first though.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 2K1 Red Tib

hiya.gif Im in! Car will never see a single snow flake. Its already put away too. Did it last weekend and visionz I know what you mean about drinking a strong drink. Its a sad day when you have to lock the car up for the winter months. Ive already started a count down on when I can drive it again. laugh.gif Its in a private storage facility that Im paying monthly for but its heated and humidity controlled so I know the car will be ok. I'll visit it once a month just to hug it and tell it I havent forgotten about it. tongue.gif
Old 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Got a local cruise tomorrow,then some re arranging and fabing under the hood,.wont put her away until I see snow or they salt the roads.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

^^^ but you have a garage everyone in here would get a boner off of if they would see it all,lol.

i bought a 1992 mazda 2200 back in may as a work beater. bad thing about this is my car hasn't been driven 500 miles since may. will be covering the car soon and winterizing it since all i have is a carport.