General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Driving shoes

Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tibby
Default Driving shoes

I would like to hear from anyone using them. Are they worth while for autocross or maybe long road trips?
Old 10-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Anything that helps you feel what the car is doing will help with autox. For long road trips, I'd think you want the opposite to prevent driver fatigue.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

if you want the feel of driving shoes like the pros use but don't want to pay for them try some puma supercats.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I have these:

They help with autocross. Their biggest downside is that outside of driving, they're bad shoes. So even working the course at autox events I would change into another pair of shoes. It got to the point that I went back to regular shoes for simplicity since I have a lot of room to grow before proper shoes would make a difference in my times. For a road course, I would want driving shoes every time. Heel and toe and fine throttle control are much easier.

For a road trip I wouldn't want them, unless the road trip is across the Alps or something.