General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

What made everyone here decide to get a Hyundai?

Old 09-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

it would take some skill with the clutch if u could do the work to the 5 speed... like $1500 at least
he didnt say how he lost traction...
ur dads a panzy if that car scared him! lol

it would be nice to have a high compression 2.2 with a clutch, cams, springs, P&P, intake, TB, header, exhaust and have ur crank knifed and ballanced, with lightweight pullys, big injectors and a tune... but i dont think it would be selling for the same as stock, the dealer would have talked it up...
would be a sweet sleeper is all
i still wouldnt want different gearing on any beta, if i wanted to change any gears it would be making 5th longer...
of course triple cone syncro's are nice, idk if we have em (just beta 2 right?)

i got a hyundai cause it was cheap and performs better then my friends honda's and vw's!
and cause the 97-01 tiburons look great, and theres nothing like it on the road!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:30 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

QUOTE (hornet @ Jun 11 2010, 12:42 AM)
Just wondering why you all decided to buy a Hyundai over any other car? For me...it was a few things. Value for the price, unique-ness (not everyone having the same car), and the warranty. smile.gif

Well I'm still driving my Magna around the place, but when funds allow I''m looking at a second hand 4WD V6 Tuscon(I'm up for performance/sales review early next year) It's a MAD machine to tow transporters with, it's comfortable as all hell, its quite fuel-efficient(especially when shod with an LNG system) and its pretty much bulletproof id you don't molest it. AND it has a good automatic box: the only thing I would add is a trans cooler to cope with the heat from towing a large, braked trailer around. Andy maybe some reinforced drive-driven plates.

And a TON of Dynamat.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tibby

QUOTE (01tibby0702 @ Sep 12 2010, 12:21 AM)
Your misunderstanding me about the AEM software. I have the software used on that system I didn’t have the whole unit that sh1ts expencive.but when I pulled up the program you can actually change gear ratio setting even for an auto. And change the shift point and not going in to detail too much to talk about. all I know is that, I hate quoting my self but we have beaten a 1987 mustang short block v8 .my dad will tell you these stories he is 47 and driven more cars than anybody here has driving all their life and he was terrified of that Tiburon that alone speaks in colors. Im not here tiring to start an argument im telling a story that has been with me for 7 years now still fresh in my mind .I know what I believe and done with this on that note Lets let some other people post their stories

I say BS
Old 09-18-2010, 02:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

QUOTE (Mr. Muffin @ Sep 12 2010, 05:02 PM)
it would take some skill with the clutch if u could do the work to the 5 speed... like $1500 at least
he didnt say how he lost traction...
ur dads a panzy if that car scared him! lol

it would be nice to have a high compression 2.2 with a clutch, cams, springs, P&P, intake, TB, header, exhaust and have ur crank knifed and ballanced, with lightweight pullys, big injectors and a tune... but i dont think it would be selling for the same as stock, the dealer would have talked it up...
would be a sweet sleeper is all
i still wouldnt want different gearing on any beta, if i wanted to change any gears it would be making 5th longer...
of course triple cone syncro's are nice, idk if we have em (just beta 2 right?)

i got a hyundai cause it was cheap and performs better then my friends honda's and vw's!
and cause the 97-01 tiburons look great, and theres nothing like it on the road!

QUOTE (mhurlbutjr @ Sep 13 2010, 12:59 AM)
I say BS

1ST off my dad is no panzy have you ever driven a Porsche 911 turbo 1998 supra turbo 67 mustang and much more. That man can race better than any 1 I know, and I used that term "the car scared him” was because of how fast she was the car wanted more. and the person who called BS sorry to break it to you its not....seen it with my own 2 eyes we have beaten allot of cars with that tibby.say what you will, still don’t get me angry I know what I know. like I said narrow minded ill say this again go to YouTube type in the world fastest eclipse 4g63 pushing 1400hp ill say this again with money time and resources anything is possible and are tibbys are capable of so much more.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:14 PM

pics or it didn't happen.

i bought my first tiburon (my 97) only last march, it was 800 bucks and i thought it was actually a gk not an rd until the guy pulled up in it, and i was bummed out for a while, then i really started liking it. then i bought my 2000 as a parts car for the 97, and i fell in love so i decided to fix it up smile.gif i like em, there cheap, and everyone allllllways talks sh*t about them. but they are suprisingly quicker than you'd think
Old 10-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

No more. Worthless debate. Extraordinary claim without proof, so nobody believes it.
lockd.gif
Old 10-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

You guys want to discuss this more, take it to the Char Pit! You can e-thug it out there. tongue.gif