General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

What made everyone here decide to get a Hyundai?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

QUOTE (WytchDctr @ Sep 10 2010, 11:02 PM)
were you turning around 10k rpm?

Im glad you made that remark. i am pretty sure yea because when we were in 4th we were running red line had the rpms buried but we didnt hit the fuel cut off limit, it kept on going at the time of that happing we had the speedo tapped out 150+.i have no idea who fixed that car but who ever did knew what they were doing.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

what year did you buy the Tib? What color was it? Who did you buy it from? Got any pics?

Just curious if maybe it was one of Red's projects or another old school guy. Maybe he had the CNK turbo on it Unsure.gif
Old 09-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

4th at that speed sounds a little more like it, lol
Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 PM

QUOTE (majik @ Sep 10 2010, 11:33 PM)
what year did you buy the Tib? What color was it? Who did you buy it from? Got any pics?

Just curious if maybe it was one of Red's projects or another old school guy. Maybe he had the CNK turbo on it unsure.gif

It was a 2001 tiburon.We got it in 2004 we did a car faxs and this one came all the way from cali. we propably had a couple of pics but none now. but yea i know 4th at 120 is and sounds right, but not my old one trust me i wish i can understand what was done with it belive me. That tiburon was 1 of a kind....my opion was that some one bored the pistons did a port pholish job on the vavles and bigger cam shfts and crankshafts and biggerfuel injectors, and all the other parts you need with a bigger bore. And they had to make custom tranny gears and changed the gear ratios....the old red had diff. gear settings trust me. I even test drove a stock 5 speed nothing compared to my old one.But the thing that gets to me the worst is that there was no turbo or super. on it if you fixed up the internals of it to the extreme and a custom ecu upgraded....where does the air come from. If you do all of that you need a huge increase air to make up for the fuel, if not very very bad fuel/air ratio.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

did it have a CAI, intake manifold, BBTB, headers, exhaust?
Old 09-11-2010, 05:19 AM

it had a cai and custom exhaust but other than that it looked stock.thats why i dont understand.my pops said it was like driving christine like the movie about the killer car lol it was like that when you drove her she wantted more.it was a amazing experiance.that car is still with me for 5 years.i cant stress enough how much that tiburon impacted my life.me and my pops are still amazed
Old 09-11-2010, 07:40 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

"120 mph in 3rd".??? dont think so!, at 111 ish mph in 4th gear at the track,sometimes I bounce off the rev limit(mine set to 6800)crossing the line....must have had bad spinning/traction issues when you looked down at the speedo at that point?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Regit @ Sep 11 2010, 09:40 AM)
"120 mph in 3rd".??? dont think so!, at 111 ish mph in 4th gear at the track,sometimes I bounce off the rev limit(mine set to 6800)crossing the line....must have had bad spinning/traction issues when you looked down at the speedo at that point?

You are absolutely right, but like I said some one fixed it up and knew what there were doing.
And my tires were not spinning to make that Speedo say that, we were racing not spinning or lose of traction. We had allot of traction.belive me or don’t...again that’s why I told this story on this post.5 years waiting 4 the chance to get another 1. I could have bought a 05 rx8 with body kit but no im a Tiburon believer with that being said Tiburon’s rule.ooo and all the people there quit being so narrow minded about going 120 in 3rd it can be done with money resources and experience anything is possiable.changing the tranny gear and ratio's will do that ummm have you guys ever downloaded the AEM standalone fuel management system software on the computer omg you will be surprised what you can do to your car.

OOOOOOOOOOO and my 3rd is 95mph at redline i have a auto. now.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

narrow minded?... ehhh why in the hell would you want to do 120 in third? Changing the gears so they would be that long, NA? umm that would get you great gas mileage and be dumb for acceleration. I think someone came up with something that sounded impressive and ran with it. All the somewhat cheap (relative) gearsets for that trans make it geared shorter, in other words your 3rd would run out sooner. You could thrown an elantra trans in and push it to just past 91mph in third at redline. Dont know why you would do that.

Yeah possible, but who in the hell would make a custom gearset for a hyundai, to allow it to turn 120 in third? it would be slow as sh*t with that type of gearing... just have a higher topspeed IF it had the power to push through the air and that would take forever to reach.

have you guys ever downloaded the AEM standalone fuel management system software on the computer omg you will be surprised what you can do to your car.

now im throwing the BS flag. download AEMs software on a stock ecm? really? If not, did you wire that thing up yourself?

Edit: Thats about right with a 4spd auto, they are longer geared relative to the 5spds. My sonata thats an auto is a lazy f*cker at speed. Turns about 3k rpm in top gear doing 90mph.. lol
Old 09-11-2010, 11:21 PM

Your misunderstanding me about the AEM software. I have the software used on that system I didn’t have the whole unit that sh1ts expencive.but when I pulled up the program you can actually change gear ratio setting even for an auto. And change the shift point and not going in to detail too much to talk about. all I know is that, I hate quoting my self but we have beaten a 1987 mustang short block v8 .my dad will tell you these stories he is 47 and driven more cars than anybody here has driving all their life and he was terrified of that Tiburon that alone speaks in colors. Im not here tiring to start an argument im telling a story that has been with me for 7 years now still fresh in my mind .I know what I believe and done with this on that note Lets let some other people post their stories