General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

What is the first Mod that you did your tibby??

Old 01-08-2002, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by techcontib:
The very first was removed the snorkel.lol
But really a cone filter. Works great still have it on there because random won't make me an cold air intake because he is afraid to lose to me like Yam.lolololololol
j/k

lol
Old 01-08-2002, 06:55 AM

Originally posted by Random:

BTW...Iceman91. You already have forced fuel injection. All Fuel injection (with the exception of Throttle body injection) is forced fuel injection.

No it is this thing like NOS but is a more pressurized fuel goin in acting like NOS. Plus it is safer too tongue.gif
Old 01-08-2002, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I'll say it again. Fuel Injection IS Forced injection. Your fuel rail is pressurized to about 44 PSI give or take 5 psi. How much more forced do you want to get? If you change the way fuel is delivered to the engine, you need to change the intake tract runners, valve design, combustion chamber...etc..etc..etc.

Injectors are placed in their location for a reason, if you go and change the injector location, or angle, even by as little as 5 degrees of angle, you can run rich or lean due to the change in fuel spray patterns.

If you plan on messing with this, I sugguest you do some in depth reading on the theory and practice of the modern fuel injected engine, Intake runner design and length, valve design, flow and shape, and combustion chamber design and shape.

In all the Tiburons in Korea putting out 600+ hp, they keep one thing the same. The Injector location. Even if they change out the intake manifold for short runners, they keep the injector location in the same spot.

This is NOT something you wanna mess with unless you got loads of cash handy to buy replacement motors.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by techcontib:
The very first was removed the snorkel.lol
But really a cone filter. Works great still have it on there because random won't make me an cold air intake because he is afraid to lose to me like Yam.lolololololol
j/k

And I'm still waiting for TechConTib to get his butt up to my place so I can MAKE one for him! eek.gif
Old 01-08-2002, 01:53 PM

Thanks Random i am probably not gonna do that now eheh all i wanted to do is jsut give those shizit Stangs and Crapareo's a run and hopefully beet them with out NOS, If i can beet them wut else can i do???
Old 01-08-2002, 02:29 PM

what is this "snorkel" you guys are talking about? just curious...
Old 01-08-2002, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

My first mod was painting the calipers, then getting the driving lights, then the lowering springs, followed by the snorkus mod which resulted in me getting the custom made pipercross.

The snorkus mod involves taking off the flat black plastic air-intake at the front of the engine bay.

Heres a pic at the beginning of my modding frenzy (it had the little SE spoiler on as standard)

And this is now.
Old 01-08-2002, 09:36 PM

Ahhh that is what I thought the term "snorkel" refered to...
Old 01-09-2002, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Iceman91:
Thanks Random i am probably not gonna do that now eheh all i wanted to do is jsut give those shizit Stangs and Crapareo's a run and hopefully beet them with out NOS, If i can beet them wut else can i do???

If you want to stick with N/A power, and No Nitrous, Remove all weight possible and you might stand a chance. The Best N/A Tiburons in Korea manage to put out about 170-180 to the wheels. If you strip your car down you should be able to run High 13's and low 14th's with 170 Whp. If you want to keep your interior looking good...then go with either Nitrous, A Turbo, or A supercharger.
Old 01-09-2002, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Entrop-E:
what is this "snorkel" you guys are talking about? just curious...

Check out Brendan's Hompeage and "HP" for Free". That is the Snorkus/Snorkel mod. You remove the Resonator off the stock airbox, then put a piece of dryer hose material from the opening in the airbox to somewhere there is cold air.