General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

TOP SPEED!!!

Old 05-21-2001, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by KillerShark68:
My car goes 150MHP and maybe 155 tops. I got hooked up at the dealership at they did some bad ass **** to my car. I pull 150MHP and i know cause my eyes could see the damm speedometer.

Lets see these bad ass **** mods you got from your dealership.

Do you have any photos of your engine compartment?
Do you have any reciepts for the parts installed or the labor done?

Please provide us with the dealership's name and city. I will call and ask for the service manager. Surely he will remember working on a car as fine and fast as yours. The list of modifications to get your car up to 150 MPH would be quite extensive. I'm sure they would remember doing all that work on a car.

dude, I am not a "hater". I just don't like people who lie. If you are not lying, and you've got proof to back your words up. Cool, let's see it.
Old 05-21-2001, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Red:

Given that gearing, weight, frontal area and coefficient of drag are static variables then you have only speed as a function of horsepower. It takes almost double horsepower to achieve a 35% increase in speed... Dumbing it down a little, you would need something like a 200HP motor to sustain 150mph in a Tiburon in it's current configuration.

umm...yeah KillerShark, lets see this over 200hp motor the dealer set you up with. And where's the dealer, I'll drive there today to get that setup. I'm sure it was a free package deal too rolleyes.gif Like the limited edition 6spd Turbo Tib.

M1K3

My Tib broke the landspeed record for the third consecutive time yesterday.
Old 05-21-2001, 11:51 PM

Random/Anyone-
Does anyone know where I can get a custom turbo kit, coilovers, engine dress up covers/caps, custom leather interior/re-stitching.

Ariane
Old 05-22-2001, 01:47 AM

Shark Racing hopefully will have all of those things soon. We should have leather kits you can upolster into your seats that have the shark racing logo in them
Old 05-22-2001, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by SharkAri:
Random/Anyone-
Does anyone know where I can get a custom turbo kit, coilovers, engine dress up covers/caps, custom leather interior/re-stitching.

Ariane

Please don't cross post like this. Plese create a new post with your questions.
Old 05-22-2001, 05:17 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon

I dont ever lie cause one....I dont wanna look bad. I have no receipts cause two....I got hooked Up! Like I said I know a Hyundai mechanic who got my engine computs and what not f**ked with. And three..... I know I aint blind and I know what I saw and the needle was at 150MHP.
Proving this........well LONG is the closest to me I think so if I can get a chance to hook up with him Ill take him for a spin and hell let ya know. Or if theres anyone around this area thats close to G.P Texas let me know.

[ May 22, 2001: Message edited by: KillerShark68 ]
Old 05-22-2001, 05:22 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

Killershark: you're hilarious man, you wouldn't happen to be that same person that came into fxtreme, claiming that a chip gave them gobs of power would you???

sounds to me like you are, don't you think Random, remember that guy???

If he's so much into helping out the HYUNDAI crowd then he would provide all the info, so we can have gobs of power too, don't you think??? and no excuses like, OH WELL THAT DEALER**** CLOSED, and I can't get in touch with them anymore will be tolerated...
Old 05-22-2001, 05:34 AM

If you all must know the whole story, no Im not that same guy...but I know who your talking about.....he got me hooked up. It was something that he could get fired for so he only did it to four cars around this area.
I told him I would not say where I got it done so he wouldnt loose his job and thats how we all kept it.
The guy who did it has a bored out engine, remapped computs(eliminating the governing system) 1.8 high cam, Hve throttle body, mandrel bends, exhast, MHP CAI,heads the works.
I dont wanna start an arguement so I say this again if anyone in the area wants to take a Top Speed spin, Im down thats all.

[ May 22, 2001: Message edited by: KillerShark68 ]
Old 05-22-2001, 05:39 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

Hey Killershark68 I live in Bedford and by G.P. I presume that you live in Grand Prairie well if so I'm only 15 mins away. And I'll race you or go for a ride so I can see this tiburon that goes 150mph. Also on the matter of the 18 wheeler going 132. I don't know about that, but my uncle hit 125 in his with a load of cattle.
Old 05-22-2001, 05:49 AM

Guilty where do ya live in Bedford? Do ya go to the KFC meets in that area? Email me and I'll meet ya somewhere on Friday. Thats my next day off.