General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Are these jumper cables any good?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tiburon

Thanks guys. I actually bought her one of these

http://www.amazon.com/12-Volt-Jump-Start-C...r/dp/B000O0L8VG

My mom is 56 years old and just recently started to pump her own gas. For the longest time she always went to full service station because she didnt even know how to do it. Im teaching her stuff so she'll have at least some knowledge on how to jump a cars battery, what to do during a flat, and if shes stranded some where. I had no idea she was this clueless about things until recently. So hopefully I can teach her a few things that she'll remember down the road.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

A jump box is great, as long as you keep it in the car, but also keep it charged.

I had a set of cables that were probably 8 gauge or smaller once. They got so hot jumping a car that they melted the insulation and I couldn't touch the handles to remove them because they were metal and too hot to touch. Had to hit the clamps off the terminals with a stick. Fun times.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Personally I would've just got my mom AAA membership. Last thing I wanna hear about is how a car fell on my mom when she was trying to install a spare