General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

My car is bleeding HUGE amounts of oil.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T
Default My car is bleeding HUGE amounts of oil.

Ok. Ever since i got boosted I noticed that oil would leak from the valve cover tube. Ya know the one that usualy connects to your intake.

Anyway. So Im boosted and have no where for this valve cover tube is not connected to anything it just hangs. I had a lot of oil dripping and drainig all over the tranny and exhaust. So I decided to make an oil catch cup..yes a cup. Anyway i did this just 2 days ago. Since then I have only taken my car all out about twice. I run getting on the freeway hitting 85 mph cruising then back again the other direction (I had to get to the bank fast). Well here is the result:

how can I prevent this from happening every time I wanna go full throttle? It sucks cause i just changed my oil 3 weeks ago and now Im already low again. I have 1/4 oil.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

don't you have an oil catch can?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:29 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Elantra(Dead project) 1986 Golf(Track whore) 2000 Ranger(Daily)

Do you have another hose similar to that runing to the intake manifold? If so, then your boosting the inside of your engine.....

Take off the PCV hose going from the valve cover to the intake manifold, block the manifold hole, and put a little filter on the PCV, and put a little filter on the place where that hose comes out of.

Does that make sense?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

That should probably fix it. Although I would run a hose off of the PCV and another from the tube you're leaking oil from to a tee then to an oil catch can.

The PCV *shouldn't* allow that to happen but if there's even a tiny amount of gunk keeping it from closing completely you'll get that.

Replace or at least clean your PCV valve while you're at it.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

Sound like the PVC vavle itsnt working right. I so gotta do an oil catch can too...
Old 09-17-2008, 12:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

here's some helpful info, I tried to find the original article but I had no luck
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=5005&hl=
Old 09-18-2008, 03:04 AM

yesI have an oil catch "CUP" that why its filled with oil...well I know why it does that know BUT when I plug up the hose leading to the IM it drops the rpms real low...down to 725rpm i think... unless I jsut add another PCV valve and just cross vent the one side to the PCV valve so it flows.

I think your right, Im boosting the inside of my engine...thats not good at all. wel Im going to try to get another PCV valve and clean out the other one. It may be leaking...or sealed open. who knows.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:18 AM

QUOTE(wilburisthecoolest @ Sep 17 2008, 06:29 AM)
Do you have another hose similar to that runing to the intake manifold? If so, then your boosting the inside of your engine.....

Take off the PCV hose going from the valve cover to the intake manifold, block the manifold hole, and put a little filter on the PCV, and put a little filter on the place where that hose comes out of.

Does that make sense?

Yeah makes sense...do I even need ANY of thoses hoses connecting to my IM at all? from what I understand your saying that boost is leaking from my IM to the valve cover and causing boost to drive the oil out from the other hose, wich makes perfect sense...Im gonna try it tomorrow and see how it runs and works...wait SH*T..i have no gas...ugg oh well run off reserve fuel!!! 1437.gif GAS!!!! LOL
Old 09-18-2008, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Elantra(Dead project) 1986 Golf(Track whore) 2000 Ranger(Daily)

Yeah, cause if you wern't blowing oil out you would blow the valve cover gasket out.. or something will go next... lol.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Your car was idling at way more than 725rpm's? I think mine idles at between 650 and 700rpm's.