General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Hyundai to launch European performance sub-brand

Old 10-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Hyundai to launch European performance sub-brand

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/15/h...mance-division

Hyundai has quickly emerged from the sidelines as one of the biggest players in the industry, outselling rivals left, right and center. Still, a dedicated performance division is still something that separates it from the big boys. Now, according to the latest reports, that's just what it's getting.

After setting up its own Nürburgring test center and gearing up to launch its assault on the World Rally Championship, the next step in the ramping up of Hyundai's performance credentials – in Europe, especially – will reportedly be to set up its own performance division along the lines of what Nissan has done with Nismo.

The first product in Hyundai's new European performance portfolio is expected to be a version of the next i20 hatchback that's set to launch in 2015. That in turn will be used as the basis for the company's next WRC challenger, to replace the upcoming model, pictured above undergoing testing. After that it's anyone's guess, but performance versions of the Veloster, Genesis Coupe and Elantra could be in the cards.

If and when this performance range might make the transatlantic voyage to the North American market, however, remains to be seen, but you can bet we'll be watching this development over the years to come.

HOLY CRAP! It's about time! Now let's hope they go through with it, and it comes to the states!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

This is what Totota did with TTE and then cut it off. That's badass.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Looks like a stripped down, widened i20 with a VT power plant.

I hope they put a better turbo on it at minimum. That's F'n sweet though. Come to the states and sign me up

Seriously, I'd dump some money into this.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Accent

I doubt it will come to the US any time soon. There isn't a large enough market for it to be profitable.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:58 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Spoiler