General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Do you have any traffic roundabouts near you?

Old 10-20-2013, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tibby
Default Do you have any traffic roundabouts near you?

There's a couple by me and it's surprising how many people have no idea how to drive through them. They stop when they dont have to or they keep going and crash because they thought someone else was supposed to stop.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:38 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

There are more roundabouts in australia than in the US, but still not that many. Roundabouts are so f*cking superior, they literally reduce the number of corpses created every year and ease congestion. What is not to love?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundabouts#Safety
Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

We have a couple here where I am, and we even have a diverging diamond. It's amazing how many people are clueless when they come up to them in their cars.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:07 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

There is an exit off the Interstate by me that has 7 of them all within a 1/4mi. Its a someone desolate exit too and the first roundabouts they built around here. I'm wondering if they were just practicing making them because 7 of them are unnecessary
Old 10-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

We have a lot here. I use to do roadway design. I worked on one of them but had to learn a lot about them. Roundabouts are really efficient for a specific range of traffic flow. Below or above that range they're inefficient. Traffic collisions go up astronomically at roundabouts but fatalities drop to almost zero.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:56 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I hate roundabouts because of stupid people that have no idea how to use them. Otherwise their GREAT!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I almost got a ticket once for "bogarting" a roundabout. I think that was the term used. Aka being a !@#!@ass and going around it at the speed limit.. the problem was that was the speed limit for the normal roadway. No... I wasn't drunk. Just dumb.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by Visionz
we even have a diverging diamond.

We have one of those next to my old job. It was an nightmare for first 6 months but drastically improved traffic on that road. It still clogs up due to a**holes (an a ton of them making it far more asinine) that like to get all the way left to make a right-hand turn onto the interstate. But there's nothing much that can be done about it because if you don't let them in they will literally ram your car. All of these traffic devices are great, but the reality is, just as everyone else here has said, the average jackass behind the wheel of a car has no clue how to use them.