General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

car bra

Old 10-10-2001, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your still looking for that bra for ure car than try autozone. I was there the other day and checked on that for my car. So that could be a quick way to get one. Hope that helped some smile.gif

Pat
Old 10-11-2001, 04:17 AM

I wish they made "Panties" or something that would cover the back bumper. I get a lot of stuff back there.

LOL
Old 10-11-2001, 05:26 AM

and most of all, if you plan on getting a body kit, dont get the bra! =P
Old 10-16-2001, 05:12 PM

TRY EBAY. I went to ebay's auto accessories and found the original equip hyundai 2 piece bra ( very sweet - fits like a glove) from a hyundai dealer for 75 shipped. I saw they were selling more this week, too. Don't settle for anything but hyundai. They fit perfect. They retail for 150+ at the dealer.
They are the only one with hyundai symbol.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:59 AM

bra is pain in the A$$ ...DO NOT GET IT!!!
ugly piece of junk will ruin the paint.
There is a product from 3M, a transparent tape that goes over the car's body. won't fade the color and still protects it...
Old 10-17-2001, 12:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I've got a 2001 also. Got my bra from that dealership on Ebay. The backing on it is better than my own bra! It's very soft flannel or felt-like. I do a LOT of traveling too. As long as I take it off occasionally, and especially after a rain and clean out all the gunk from underneath, everything still looks good.
Old 10-17-2001, 12:21 PM

I purchased my Bra from my hyundai dealer and yes they do really make one for the 200X models!

The debate over it does more harm than good really comes down to how you take care of your car. If you leave the bra on for like 6 months without washing and cleaning it your car (bra or no bra) is going to look like sh!t!.

If you, as others have already pointed out, remove and clean the bra every week or so and make sure that for about half the time you leave it off (to allow proper UV discoloration of your paint) you won't have any problems.

I've used mine for the past 14 months and it's almost time to purchase another one, except... about that body kit I'm planning...

Oh yeah... I've never, ever, never, ever taken a friggin bra off because it's raining!

I've used bras on the last three cars I've owned and have never had any problems.

PS Did I mention that I don't take of the bra when it rains! - LOL!

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: CyberGreg ]
Old 10-31-2001, 10:12 AM
Jay

Vehicle: 1998 Tib

I had a problem with mine. Its a Hyundai bra. However, I just bought the part for the hood. I took it off everytime I washed the car and when it rained extremely hard (not just a light sprinkle). However, 2 months after I got it, I took it off one day and it somewhat oxidized the hood!? I was like ****....I didn't think it was that because I had a good coat of wax on it before I put it on. But nothing would take it up. Interesting enough, I took it off and in a weeks time...the mark was gone. Evaporated or something...but the hood was fine! Bra is sitting in the garage. My car is black and the mark was grey. Weird...But I don't recommend it. And this was a Genuine Hyundai one...Not a JC whitney POS.