General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

car bra

Old 10-10-2001, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon
Default car bra

Hey does anyone have a car bra on their 2000-2001 tiburon. I bought my car in august and have been waiting patiently for a bra but they keep sending me the one for a 1997-1999. They aren't even similar. I am just wondering if the 2000-2001 car bra exists

Thanks
Old 10-10-2001, 05:46 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib

ask cybergreg, i think he has one
Old 10-10-2001, 07:41 AM

If you go to lebra.com or something they have them. I will try to get the part number for you. smile.gif
Old 10-10-2001, 07:51 AM

I went to Saddleman.com which is the maker of LeBra custom car covers. The part number is 55789-01. LeBra makes the best bras in my opinion, they are really form fitting and tight. The problem is if too much dirt gets under it, it scratches your paint. You can order the bra staight from this web site here:Lebra or lebra.com. Good luck with your bra! Hoped I helped!? smile.gif
Old 10-10-2001, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Turbo Tiburon

Hyundai does have the nose mask...why they keep sending you the first gen nose mask rolleyes.gif
Try a different Hyundai dealership where you live, maybe you will have better luck.
It took my dealership 3 days too get mine so it shouldn't take them that long to get yours.
Old 10-10-2001, 10:29 AM

Don't get the bra if you like appreciate the way your paint looks now. Moisture and dirt gets under it and ruins the paint. BUT, if you live in an area where you stand a good chance of chipping the paint from road debris I would suggest it.

I have just the hood part since the paint there is already chipped and damaged.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:43 AM

as long as you take care of the bra and don't leave it on all the time you will not scratch your paint with it. also if it starts raining take the bra off . that is the biggest mistake people make and where most scratchs will comes from. rain+bra+dust particles=scratched paint
ive had a bra for the avenger i used to own and a bra for the tib i own now and after continuous usage of both of them have suffered no paint fading or paint scratching from either.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:45 AM

I've had my since the day I bought my car almost four years ago...it might sound like much...but every wash, I take it off and make sure its clean. Every once and awhile I take it off for a few days just to let it 'breathe'. My paint under the bra looks just as good as the rest of the car and has no scratches. So I believe that if you take care of it...you don't have anything to worry about. Just my POV
Old 10-10-2001, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Turbo Tiburon

The only time I put mine on is when I take long trips to different cities or towns. The highway can be a deadly place for the front of your car, especially cause your going at high speeds. If a rock hits your front bumper at 110kph, it's going leave more then just a scratch. eek.gif
At least with the nose mask it will protect your front bumper a little.

If your worried about the paint fading or scratches just make sure you clean it properly (take it off when you clean it) and try not to use it all year round. wink.gif
Old 10-10-2001, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

I wish they made "Panties" or something that would cover the back bumper. I get a lot of stuff back there. rolleyes.gif