FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

I Got What You Want! Muhahaha (ape Traction Bar)

Old 08-10-2006, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, before I get started with my little review, let me let you in on my driving habbits...

I ... drive ... the ... hell ... outta ... my ... car.

Seriously, it shoud be a damn race car the way I drive. I don't wait for traffic, I make my way through traffic. I hate slowing down, I usually find a way between people and cut through cars with maybe inches to spare. My car reaches redline almost everytime I lauch, I reach 100mph+ almost daily. I drive fast, I drive hard, I lauch hard, I beat the hell outta my car. But it's put up with me, for the most part. I go through tires in about 15k miles... I rotate them every 4k miles cause I abuse them so much. But I love my car, and I baby when needed.

So I get this call yesterday from Chris and now I got another toy to play with.

The Traction Bar is AWESOME!

The Bar attaches Via Bolts AND Welding. You have to weld a bracket onto the lower arm of the supension system in order for this system to work. But that's all the welding you need. Everything else bolts right on. Welding a part on really isn't a problem, cause any Joe Blow muffler shop worth a damn can weld these two brackets on for a few bucks. Very simple to do, granny with a welding machine could do it!

The rest of the system uses Bolt placements already on the frame of your car to attach. There are three bolts behind where the bumper attaches to the frame. This is where this little beauty attaches itself.

Now from the pictures you see, you may say "OMG, it's so low to the ground!" Well, it's not that bad. See, the bar HAS to be lower than the suspention arm in order for it to work properly. If it's not lower than it, no worky. Get it? But it's really not that bad. The lowest part of the setup sits maybe 3/4" or less lower than your Engine brace. On my car, it is still higher than the front of my bumper. (Cuda Kit bumper sits pretty low.) I have an eibach 1.2" lowering prokit, and I'm still clearing everything I normally clear just fine. But I will be testing this thing for a week or so before they make the final production one. Basically so I can beat the shit outta this one to find out what needs to happen. Muhahaha. Fun job! smile.gif

Now... how does it perform you might ask? WONDERFULLY!!!
I've done at least a dozen or so burnouts on different types of surfaces without any wheelhop what-so-ever. It's so frigging great! Even taking off from a corner, flooring it doesn't loose traction at all. I even went over some of those little bumps that gutters at corners have and it held just fine. The only time I got a little tiny wheel hop was revving it up, spinning the tires while going through a corner... I got like tiny tiny tiny wheel hop. It was like enough to make my tire squeek, but not enough to vibrate the chassy enough to even make an issue out of it. It basically kept both wheel on the ground so I was able to continue accelerating, keeping the one wheel spin down to a minimum. I was really suprised.

Our cars have terrible wheel hop. This product does a FANTASTIC job of virtually elliminating that. Well, I haven't been able to get it to wheel hop yet, so I guess it just gets rid of it completely. But I'll be testing this b**** to as much as I can and I'll let you guys know! So far, I absolutely love it!

A couple other things I noticed after putting it on, my steering feels more preceise. As in, it keeps the front from flexing as much as it does during normal driving. Keeps the wheels from Toeing Out, so it feels so much better. Also, car doesn't roll as much on cornering. I guess part of that body flex. Well, you are putting a damn big as brace on the front of the car that connects the front of the frame together. It better reduce body flex! LOL. Feels so nice.

Clearance issues? Hmmmm... not really. I mean, if you drive stupid, you can bottom out and hit it. If you do bottom out, it will be the first thing you hit. Have I hit the ground? Yup! Sure have. But that's cause I came up too fast on a dip at some railroad tracks on a road I wasn't familiar with and I would had bottomed out anyways. But the bar took it without a problem. It's a little sratched up, but I'm going to talk with Tom about maybe putting a little 1/4" shielding in front of it, to help with any "accidents" that happen. But just don't drive stupid and be aware that there is something else under your car and you got nothing to worry about. I did make it into driveways and stuff like I normally do without a problem. That much clears without an issue.

Worthy upgrade? ABSOLUTELY!!!!

If you want to keep your wheels on the ground, especially during a powered launch, you'll want this little gem. It will keep your front end from skipping like a little jackrabbit when lauching off the line.

I think they go into production next week if I'm not mistaken. Tom is changing the front bracket a little so that it will be more protected. The one that we have pictures of is a prototype, that he used some brackets he pulled off the shelf just to get a working product going. The production model is going to have slightly different brackets that will do a better job at protecting the joints against any accidental bottoming out situations.

We'll get some pictures and videos like... next week. I'm busy this weekend, so I can't make videos with Chris. Look forward to it ya'll! (Maybe I can get some pictures tomorrow. I'll borrow my friend's camera or soemthing.)
Old 08-11-2006, 05:18 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

YEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Can they be adjusted for tension?
Old 08-11-2006, 09:00 AM

Yes. They are adjustable.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Banned

wow!!! going to buy this next...

next mods for me go..

Traction bars
Shifter bushings
Ark Shifter
Old 08-11-2006, 12:54 PM

^^ Hell yeah.
Got the bushings and ark shifter already.. this beauty sounds like a nice upgrade. Traction bars, LSD and sway bars and drifting setup is done cool.gif
Old 08-11-2006, 01:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

Hell ya... I agree with you socks thats the same thing i was just thinking already ordered the bushings thow.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:05 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Check the Group buy section to get more info and pricing on the bar guys!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:40 PM

It's.... so low. lol

I had to double check it after riding around for a while. It's a good thing they are redesigning it to be a little higher up. With the Eibach lowering springs and stuff.... I hit alot of stuff. Like dips through intersections, if your not careful, BAM!

But...... I think it's more like a learning curve. I had to do this when i got my body kit. I was like, OMG, it's so low to the ground!

However, I think it should be raised an inch at least. We'll see how the design stuff goes.

Other than that... No problems! ... Except my damn clutch going out!!! >_< Stage 3 Clutch slipping after 16k miles.... wtf.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Sucks about the clutch, and yeah I really do agree about the learning curve. My RD2 is sooo damn low in the first place, that the bar didn't really feel any different, until I took a speed bump on only the drivers side and nailed it.

But dude, we got about 1600 bucks towards R&D right now, so Tom can do whatever is needed to make this thing perfect! Thanks for the posts bud. I'll hit you up when I get back into town.