FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

GK style RD2 front bumpers

Old 03-06-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Mar 6 2007, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i dont know why people hate FG so much.. if you dont cheap out when you get it painted it will not only look right, but hold up to rocks and stuff, since GOOD painters use flex agents and such so it wont chip and pit like cheap painted fiberglass.

if people are worried about bottoming out and cracking the kit, i have a suggestion, learn how to freakin drive..

he split it across the middle 'my idea' to make it wider to it wouldnt look retarded like all the tibs on yijoo where you could see the tires at the bottom of the bumper when you looked at the car from the front, and the ones on yijoo weren't wide enough to look right with the rd.</div>

where I live theres things called hills and potholes owned.gif lol but yeah, the whole paint thing; getting a good paintjob around here is hard, ive had my s2k fenders back to the paint place for the 2nd time today, b/c i keep finding things.

.... CF is phat, def do CF. Stronger, sexier, light =P
Old 03-06-2007, 09:58 PM

I guess if you dont want fiberglass just do it yourself with the abs....Awhile ago the avenger forum I'm part of had a polyurethan group buy and the bumpers were like 500 a piece....
The fiberglass issue, is based on where you live.Where I live they just said on the news today " it's Pothole season" I have a fiberglass kit just got to be careful when you drive and where....The stress marks you really cant prevent that is the biggest problem I see with fiberglass....Other than it is really not strong...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Mar 6 2007, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey LN, you wanna free set of sides and rear to borrow the bumper? LOL, I already know the answer to that, but oh well. Your car looks sweet now. I have the GTR bumper you used to have, and this is a HUGE step up from that, so congrats again, and its awsome that yours will stand up against abuse.</div>

Lol. Have you noticed that my sides and rear are molded to the car? actually only the sides. But yeah, you do know the answer already.

You can make one your self, it's really not that hard to make. It is really easy, the only thing you need is all the stuff i posted and quite a few hours of free time. But the process is fairly easy. Look at it this way, if you make one, you'll have the mold and you will have the ABS one for your self!!! tongue.gif

Anyway, sorry bro i cant really help but i'm done with FG body. I would die if it was CF and i bottomed out...
Old 03-08-2007, 12:21 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

You cant really help? Are you kidding me? You single handedly did the work to come up with my first RD2 bumper, and you're cool with me doing it. You've helped on that alone more than anyone possibly could have. I dont have to do the work to get the bumper ready to mold, I just give them pictures of what I want, and they have their guys do the hard work. You've done damn near everything for me already. So thanks!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:40 PM

So does this mean this goes into production?
Old 03-08-2007, 08:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Mar 8 2007, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You cant really help? Are you kidding me? You single handedly did the work to come up with my first RD2 bumper, and you're cool with me doing it. You've helped on that alone more than anyone possibly could have. I dont have to do the work to get the bumper ready to mold, I just give them pictures of what I want, and they have their guys do the hard work. You've done damn near everything for me already. So thanks!!!</div>

Lol, true, i didnt know i helped that much XP

So what are you going to name your first RD2 bumper?

You are welcome to show pics of my car if you want, so they see what and how to do it. I'll need to have it painted before you produce yours cause then people will say i stole your idea laugh.gif

Thanks

ps. can i have something out of this? since i modified it more to make it look good and all ^^;;
Old 03-09-2007, 05:30 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I'll do what I can, but let me get on my feet first. The company has been dead in the mud for a while, so I'm trying to keep all the new life going before I make a ton of new promises. But you have helped a bunch, and I'm greatful for that if nothing else wink1.gif
Old 03-09-2007, 05:34 PM

actually were all just copying this guy.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:27 PM

^^^ We are copying that guy in putting the bumpers together, but i modified it more to cuver the wheels more with the idea of SOCKS by adding more to it from the center, and take the big gap from the wheel well also.

So basically i modified it more.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:36 PM

I really cant notice the diffrence in this, is it major?