FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Flyryde Widebody Z Fenders.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on this?

I am thinking about selling the Tibby, but I really want to know what is going on with these fenders first.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:30 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Basically, the OEM fenders, are hard as hell to mold because they flex while being molded. So I have to do some stupid process of making them Rigid to be able to mold them, to finally have a 100% perfect OEM fender. Once we have that, they simply graft on the flare from my old WBF I cut off. Then a week later we have CF versions that bolt on perfect and work with the Vertical Doors.

That's about all I think would be good to know now. I'll have the OEM fenders brought in tomorrow, and we'll see some production pieces in a week or so on he OEMs. The first and second mold are trashed, since the first one we used old bent fenders and didn't know it, then the second mold never really was made since the flexy fenders couldn't be molded unless treated to be rigid.

Trust me, I've invested WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much money and time in this to let the ball drop. I have to get that money back, through new sales, otherwise it was all a waste. So I'm all over this.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Were you able to get a better mold yet?
Old 11-04-2005, 07:41 PM

how would these work with the vertical door kit? would the door hit the fender?
Old 11-04-2005, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

The reason they are taking so long is because they are being made to work with the VDI kit. i.e. rolled fenders. They flex a lot eisier and that is why the mold is so hard to make.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:55 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

TibRacer, I still gotta send back that cash to you bud, sorry for the lag.

Well this is what happened. I brought the flares in that I cut from my car [/sobbs] and when I brought them in, I found out that my OEM fenders still never came out right. So what I had to do is go pick up the OEM fenders from them, buy some expanding foam sealer for plumbing and stuff (which is all over my driveway and messed my damn hands up good, its coated with something like SUPER SUPER glue), I took off the temporary fenders from our green car, pulled the fender liners, wheels, and anything else that got in the way, I slapped on the OEM fenders we're using for molding, and sprayed a few coats of this sealer foam in there. I waited till it dried some then added more, and a few days of curing later, I had the fenders with the cut outs for VDI kits, that were rigid enough to mold. So I drove those back in and they should have my OEM fenders perfect now. The OEM fenders are the basis for EVERY single fender we put out for the RDs, because they all work with the VDI kit. And if you dont want a vertical door kit, our fenders will still be available, and look great on your car. I have a few people I owe widebody fenders to, and they'll be done right after the OEMs. I'm trying to get a couple copies of the Widebody fenders in CF. But most will be FG.

Thanks guys, I have finally got this taken care of on my side, so waiting on them is all I can do now. But you know I worked my ass off for these stupid fenders, just so half the tiburons out there will look exactly like mine, lol. And Jaws', LMAO!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:30 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Nov 7 2005, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But you know I worked my ass off for these stupid fenders, just so half the tiburons out there will look exactly like mine, lol. And Jaws', LMAO!!!</div>

bastard!
mad.gif
Old 11-14-2005, 10:51 AM

Definatly keep me in the loop brother, i'm standing by.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:36 PM

Another great car with wide fenders is the new Lexus IS. Smooth lines yet muscular stance. Something like that would be phenomenal Chris.