FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Flyryde Website Front Page Update

Old 02-18-2007, 01:50 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I put a few hours in this morning working on the front page of FlyRyde V.1 Its all going to be changed soon, when V.2 comes out, but I wanted to see what you guys thought of the look, and the functionality of the new changes. I'm trying to make it easy to see what the hot sellers are, and make it easy to go straight to those products.

Please just scan through by clicking this link: http://www.flyryde.com

Take a look, and post back here about your thoughts. I dont care if you hate it, just that you feel its going to help get people buying using the current website. Thanks guys, your input counts, and if I need to change anything based off your comments I will. Just a heads up I already know the Sun Automobile Racing Pedals link isn't set up yet.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Hey man, overall, not bad.

<span style="color:#006600">pros:</span>
-first impression would be that you have a lot of stuff to offer
-the images are all clean (clear pics and no jaggies on the photoshopped images)

<span style="color:#CC0000">cons:</span>
-color scheme. the bar across the top that has the red and green is a gross combo IMO. Something that's all tints of one color with sparse highlights of a complimenting/contrasting color would be nicer. If you want it to be mostly white (easier to update cutout product images), less is more... as in, only one highlight color and one tint of it... nothing more. sorry if that's kind of confusing.
-I like the RockYou moving image thing, but only one... at most two. The way it is now, I was expecting blinking and scrolling text somewhere on the page. gross.

If you want help with images, let me know <u>specifically</u> what you want. Just no, "something that looks cool..." requests, please. wink1.gif
Old 02-18-2007, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

looks good
Old 02-18-2007, 04:12 PM

Do you think I should just do a simle fade in fade out rockyou slideshow instead of the fancy revolver? I need to have mulitple pictures showing on the front page to highlight our key account products.

As far as the overall layout of the site, color scheme, or functionality of the rest of the site, fixing it is basically a lost cause. I'd have to modify something like 250 ASP pages, which would be retarded just to see the entire site changed in about 45 days. When we launch the V.2, nothing out there is going to touch our new layouts, colors, function, blaw blaw blaw.

What I need to know, is that this does a good job of highlighting products we want to sell. Kind of like, when you log on to Yahoo, or AOL, and you see front page news, well, this is our front page news. It gets the most hits, and since the links take you straight to the product listings, there is no clicking catagories on the left side and multiple clicks after that. These links go right to the list of products themselves, which can then be clicked on once and ordered. I know the site doesn't have the catchies color scheme, or layout, but it WILL, that's just not important until we're advertising and expecting several thousands of hits to the site.

So any suggestions on how to modify the products rotating for each company? I can simple change the transition effect on Rockyou to something else they have. I want them all to match though. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:31 PM

In that case... I think you're doing alright. Um, out of all the rockyou transitions, the one you have seems to be the best. What if you did one big one that has one image of say, a voltage stabilizer with the SUN logo in the corner of that image, then it goes to a pic of a traction bar with the Ape logo in the corner... then a rotor with rotorworks... (is it rotorwork or rotorworks? I thought it was with the "S", but the logo there says otherwise.).

That's all I got! drillsergeant.gif
Old 02-18-2007, 06:04 PM

Its rotorwork. I just made that logo for them today, cause theirs sucks, and then I animated it.

For now, I need to have each section dedicated to each company. That way I can have the links to THOSE products, rather than a bunch of links to all sorts of different products. Think about it, I have a whole site full of links to all sorts of products, and this way just makes a straight shoot to the parts from that company. In V.2 all of this wont be neccessary because of the search functions available, but to try to implement those all into our V.1 site that is run off of MS Access would be crazy. It'd freeze up the site while it searched line by line through the whole database to get you to the brand that you're looking for. In SQL, the search will be instant, be it by vehicle, brand, or keyword. Its gonna blow everything away FOR SURE.

Plus by the time it launches we should have at least 2 or 3 full bodykits never before available in the US. Thats what all starts tomorrow. We should have the Evo RD2 hood in two weeks, Type S bumpers shipping, Type R bumpers shipping and the CF Cowlings made right after the RD2 Evo. Next comes the Type S sides and RD1 rear. Hopefully we can get all of that done before April when the V.2 site launches.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

first impression i got: looks a bit local. i liked your layout from before much better. it was much more inviting. the menu needs to be decorative and font needs to be BIG.

you need to have a background weaved into the menu to make it look like one piece. right now it sort of looks unfinished. i haven't clicked on any links yet.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:51 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I definately DO NOT like the rotating images. It feels like I could sit there all day long and not see what I want to see. Put some static images up and hype them up to be the best things since sliced bread. Fading in and out wouldn't be bad, but still, you'd loose patience.

also, the site is slow. I clicked Hyundai, had to wait 10 secconds, then tiburon and then 01. If you could improve speeds by having a dedicated "select your car" page, then that would be much better for the avg person. if you get 10 viewers to your site, just selecting the cars takes 5 minutes.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:28 PM

Both of your comments are appreciated. I hate to say it though, you guys should read what I've said a million times about V.2 launching. The comments you've added pertain to stuff that's long been handled already on the V.2 Site, which will launch in April. If I spent a bunch of time working on V.1 in those areas, it'd come out nowhere near as nice as it will be in the next 45 days or so. Before then, I need to highlight different products from each of my key accounts. Which is why i MUST show multiple pics, not static.

I just went in and added some red lines to break up the different company sections on the right hand side. What do you guys think of that? Thanks everyone smile.gif
Old 02-18-2007, 08:31 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

I don't mind it at all. A little faster would be better but so long as it's clear & easy to use, it's all good fing02.gif