FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Flyryde F2 Rally Car Wbf Option

Old 10-16-2005, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoke to Chris this weekend and told him how much I wanted these fenders (minus the excessive wheel gap)

Since I am already down for the WBF when they come out in a month, I am going to exercise my option to have them made wider, like in the pictures below.

If you are planing on getting a set, Chris mentioned that this is an option for those interested. i.e. You would get your fenders like below.

If you are interested, please post below. If there are a few of us, Chris will do what needs to be done.

Old 10-16-2005, 09:03 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Chris, can you make them so the corner lights actually fit plush?
Old 10-16-2005, 09:05 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'm very interested!!! i don't know how much i'd give to convert my tiburon to look like that. , however, that is the F2 EVO II man, you need an extended F2 bumper to go with the fenders or else it doesn't work. also, extended wheelbase and such... or else it won't look rigt with the wheels tucked in. also, the rear body panel has to be replaced and if you do that the rear bumper has to be extended outward. hail.gif hail.gif hail.gif

chris, if you're up for it, hail to you king, but it's a lot of tiny fitment issues and prototypes to pull this babe off.

i wanted to convert mine into F2 spec... OOOH the glory. it would look better than a Ferrari. OOOOH don't even get me started on this one.

screwdriver, you're MAD LUCKY i just came home from a long day's work because i'd be going crazy right now. notice my name, "HyundaiKitCoupe" and try to figure out the meaning of it.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:36 PM

I think enough can be done to the fenders to come close enough to that wide look (flared, mildly shortnened).

I dont think anyone can recreate the rally car's look exactly. I'd rather have flared, wide fenders actually.

Pair that with the Evo bumper and the Cadamurro hood, and I think I'll be a happy man.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Oct 16 2005, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i'm very interested!!! i don't know how much i'd give to convert my tiburon to look like that. , however, that is the F2 EVO II man, you need an extended F2 bumper to go with the fenders or else it doesn't work. also, extended wheelbase and such... or else it won't look rigt with the wheels tucked in. also, the rear body panel has to be replaced and if you do that the rear bumper has to be extended outward. hail.gif hail.gif hail.gif

chris, if you're up for it, hail to you king, but it's a lot of tiny fitment issues and prototypes to pull this babe off.

i wanted to convert mine into F2 spec... OOOH the glory. it would look better than a Ferrari. OOOOH don't even get me started on this one.

screwdriver, you're MAD LUCKY i just came home from a long day's work because i'd be going crazy right now. notice my name, "HyundaiKitCoupe" and try to figure out the meaning of it.</div>
Any relation to Kit-Fox?
Dayum son.

LOL.

Anyway, I think those look really nice, but HKC makes a good point, there's just way too much involved. We all know Chris can basically do anything, but he's not going to do it if it's not feasible.

On another note, I think that's probably my favorite bumper of all time.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:05 AM

^ i've observed this car, drawn and sketched this car,l doodled this car in school and got in trouble for it, back and fourth for years. i've grown to notice every single detail of that body. i can perfectly sketch every small detail from memory. i've noticed that the actual F2 EVO spoiler from the rally car is much larger than the homogolated UK F2 EVO Coupes. the homogolated version spoilers are three-pillar whereas the actual rally car spoiler has wo pillars. notice that in my avatar if you can see it.

i've only known one time this complete conversion has actually been replicated. someone from UKCS has done it with the RD2 and had photos of it from the fiberglass moldings to beggining to end when it's all complete in its extravagant cherry color. I WISH i had pictures; i used to, not anymore. it looked hotter than any porsche or ferrari... i swear it not. i'll try to look for the pictures again. the only remaining picture i have is a small thumbnail of it in a UKCS meet. but every single detail of the car is exact, including the roof scoop.

if you notice on the pictures of the white EVO above, the bumper, the spoiler, the hood, the scoop, everything is in fact completely different than anything we've ever seen made by hyundai before. built by MSD and funded by hyundai, the real F2 Kit Car has a wider reconstructed wheel base, ccustom fiberglass bodyshell, both extended bumpers, larger two pillar spoiler, and extended body panels in the rear. it's nearly impossible to re-create the same parts and make our cars look like this car without having gone through some serious fitment issues, defected prototypes (waste of time and money) and fabrication issues. for chris, it would be way too hysterical. no moldings to work off of. moldings of the real parts would get quite expensive and would only have to be shipped from the U.K.

for chris to match the same "look" of those fenders, would mean to completely eliminate the curvy fender grooves and flatten it out to look like a smaller replica of the real rally car. that would involve an extension or plucking out 70% of the curve. it would basically look like a mistubishi eclipse fender.

to sum it up, the EVO Bumper on that car will NOT fit your little tibby. nooo sirrr. it's a completely different car. but if chris cam pull it off and replicate it without any moldings to look somewhat like the rally car AND fit the stock front bumper sizing, i'm in! it would be nice to have that spoiler too!

zoned, me and kit-fox are both from the same country!! i was too excited because this was my dream for the longest time, but i just don't think chris, with his business just starting off, would manage to get enough interest and reputation to sell something as expensive as this. don't get me wrong, it would be awsome, but i just don't think people know the trouble and the sweetnessszzz. i'm crazy about the F2 bro, "Hyundai Coupe Kit Car" is where my name comes from--you just hit the spot here. almost got in trouble for going crazy about the F2 EVO rally car shirt i wanted to be made on the anniversary GB! it's the sweetest hyundai period. it's a monster. i have videos of this car. i was a huge fan of the sport. i come from the old school wrc.com forums back when it was a functional forum goldmine. it's a sick little machine. you should look up the stats and tell me it's anything like our daily drivers.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:12 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Umm, Aviv, I'm throwing this out to you because of HKC's last post..
owned.gif

lol, as sweet as it would be, just isn't going to happen.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:16 AM

found it.

custom built by Rally Sport Developments (RSD Milton Keynes, MSD) probably costs thousands of dollars.

tell me that's not f***ing S W E E T! look how different it is. you can really see this now with no graphics on. hail.gif
Old 10-17-2005, 12:30 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

One problem is that your going to need new front and rear bumpers plus sideskirts to line up with the fenders. Also you need a wider wheel base so it doesn't look like a shopping cart. Bigger wheels? Wheel spacers? I have no idea how that will even effect performance.

I also can't help but notice how the headlamps look to close to eachother with the wide body. If the headlights were wider apart it would like much better IMO.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:00 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

DAMMMMMMMMMM!

That is B E A UTIFUL!!!!

Did the red car go through the same canges as the rally car,(wheel base wise) or they just flared it?