FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Carbon Fiber Hatch, Shark Wing, And Shark Fenders

Old 05-26-2005, 09:47 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I need cash now. I have a spare hatch, fenders, side skirts, and hood sitting right now ready to manufacture.

I need a list of names on who can pay soon or NOW for the upcoming parts. I know there are other fenders being made right now, but I'm going ahead with my carbon Fiber 4 gill shark fenders. I was going to wait, but its looking like it'll be happening this June. We'll go ahead with the OEM CF fenders.

Let me explain the parts real quick,

The hatch. We will do both 1st gen and 2nd gen tiburon hatches. Whoever puts up the cash get the parts, when that happens is when you get production. The hatches will be carbon fiber to cut down on weight, and in place of glass (no these will not come with a garuntee of fitment if you slap your OEM glass in there) we will be using Lexan. As this is a racing part, and will cut down considerably, at least 50 pounds of weight, we are going to use Rivets to secure the window, this should keep costs nice and now all around. I am now 100% on the final price yet, so I'll let you know the FlyRyde.com price and the RDtib member price soon. I have to bring the hatch for the 1st gen tibs there tomorrow or early next week. We've gone over the designs and they are waiting on YOU guys (my new supplier is BAD ASS, lol).

The Fenders, again, we'll start with OEM fenders, which will be metal with CF overlays. They wont be used for weight reduction thats for sure, but they'll look simply amazing and since we are using metal instead of fiberglass they will fit PERFECT! EVERYTIME! EVERY ONE OF EM! Now the Wide Body fenders will be available in two different versions. Shark Gills, or no gills. Two different parts, so which ever happens first again is up to you guys.

CF Shark Spoilers, I'll be using a Gen 2 for testing these to make sure you guys get your vehicle specific Shark wings in both CF or FG. Of course 1st gens will come out first, but like always, and again I repeat, "its up to you guys". When ever money shows up, so will the parts.

OH CF Eyebrows for the 1st gens as well.

prices are looking like this so far for FlyRyde (RD members get about 20% off that in the GBs)

hatch 600
OEM fenders 400
Widebody Fenders 500
Spoilers 400

OK, now I need names, and I cant have any, "I want them as soon as I can afford them next Christmas" BS hollow promisses. Keep the time frame of about 30 days or under to get on here.

Any parts mentioned in this thread, just give me a post with what you are down for and about when we can do this. I may have to fork out a couple grand to get things moving before you guys put up the cash, so this is very important to me, I dont want to dig a hole and bury myself in it.

Here's a peak...

So here we go I'll start just 1-10

1. OP (CF hatch RD1)
2. Ericy321 (CF wide shark fenders)
3. Gsasha1 (CF Hatch RD1)
4. 1stGenTib (CF car, lol)
5. Gary (CF Hatch RD2)
6. 01Importshark (CF Hatch RD2)
Old 05-27-2005, 12:56 AM

Definitely down for a hatch. $600 - 20% = $480 plus shipping?

I will need to talk to you about fenders though. I want something with gills, but not sure if I want them to be wide...

Please get back at me asap man. We really need to dicsuss some shit.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

For the fenders, Im hoping the gills are functional? As Ive said in the past, once summer comes around Ill be buying
Old 05-28-2005, 08:06 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Chris,
Can you ask the guy wheather something can be done to make the hatch more street-friendly?

My car is my daily driver.... so ......

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2005, 09:55 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

pics on the gilled fenders plz! you know im going all out!
Old 05-28-2005, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Interested in the CF hatch for my 2000 tib. Will you ship to canada?
Old 05-28-2005, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

will the shark wing designed for the second gen require drilling through the hatch? im guessing so, it might look funny if it uses the stock mounting locations.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:31 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Monday I'll be at the manufacturers, I'll get a total price as I'll have my RD1 hatch with me. If its like I had posted, I'll start taking cash.

I updated the list. I'm just keeping tabs on who might want what.

I'll get pics of the fenders up soon. For the hatch, I'll just do it like this. I'll get the first one, and slap it on my car. Then, I'll drive around and let you guys know how it goes. If I can get this made in a special material that doesn't scratch as easy as lexan, than I'll do it, IF, you guys are willing to pay the diff. I dont really think it'd be THAT horrible to use your OEM glass, but I really dont know personally. I've just been warned that if ONE TINY little thing is off, the glass may not seal right, or sit right, so I'm just putting that out there. I'd love to promise that everything will be fine, and perfect, and 10 minute installs, lol, but this is tuning, and thats not being realistic, I'll only spit the truth guys, so thats what you get.

I'm confused about the fenders though? You mean you want them with cut outs? Because I dont know how "functional" these were ever designed to be. They look cool though, I'll admit thats why they're on my car, hehe.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

lexan marguard would almost never scrath, but it is expensive.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.a...oduct%5Fid=9948

in the addition to my question above, would the shark wing have the center support post?