FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Ape Motors 11.1 Second Drag Car Video And Pics!

Old 08-10-2006, 11:03 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forget any and all biases about making Tiburons fast. My friend Tom, founder of Advanced Products Engineering (APE) knows that to go fast, you gotta have the best parts. If you want the best parts, you cant just bolt on off the shelf products. You have to BUILD your parts, track test them, and hope you don't break too many other parts along the way. Now because of his hard work, you guys can purchase traction bars, shifter bushings, fuel rail accessories, and nitrous, and the product engineering is pushing forward with more race proven parts to come!

So to flip this whole thing on all of you, I'll let the cat outta the bag. How the hell did Tom run an 11.1 second pass? Not with a manual shifter, thats for sure. Thats right, this car is an automatic. Its funny, I've personally yanked an auto and swapped in a 5 Speed on my race car, but Tom did the opposite. He took out his 5 speed, and swapped in an auto. Why? Because to have this much power, you will go through axles like tooth pics. APE has taken this to a whole new level. He's not running passes at the strip so he can gloat about it, he's doing it because nobody else has. The last Tiburon to get recognition for being in the 10's has to use TWO FRIGGIN ENGINES. Thats not much more than a myth of a car, and certainly its had enough custom fabbing done to pay for a car that'll run 10s on one engine alone, lol. But it made cool burnouts!!!

Anyway, the APE car is going to be breaking into the 10's ANYTIME NOW. We're strapping on one of my 1200 dollar Carbon Fiber Hatches, free of charge, fully sponsored, as well as a new Carbon Fiber hood, and between those two pieces, we hope to drop a good 100 lbs. You think that might shave off 1/10 of a second? I really hope so smile.gif

So check out the pics, and check out the 15MB video, so you can start telling you buddies that Hyundai's can run 10's too!!!

APE's 11.1 second Pass Video (15MB)

So do you think your Manual tranny could keep up? LOL.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

After taking my years off my life, for it just to load joke.gif ...

Damn that car is quick...

Can't wait to see the video of when it breaks the 10's fing02.gif
Old 08-10-2006, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Very nice car, but correct me if I'm wrong, that is not all motor. Direct port injection? What kind of shot is he running on it?

Also that's not any regular auto tranny LOL. cool.gif
Old 08-10-2006, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yah i love how people try to say that autos are faster than manuals just because on sub 10 second cars they run autos.

What they dont get is that its a built racing automatic transmission, not a stock auto. Stock auto couldnt hold anywhere near that much power, not to mention they shift slow as hell.

And unless you got 2-3grand to shell out for a racing auto transmission, your better off going with a stick.

===================================
NOW back on topic
===================================

Friggin nice car. And all motor means N/A, no nitrous, s/c, or turbo. so no that isnt all motor lol.

Gee i couldnt tell, since im a noob, but that wasnt with the GT V6 eh? hahahaha

Real power comes from the beta.

Any body got a dyno?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:07 PM

I saw this car today.

It's a BETA motor. With a friggin' AUTOMATIC. haha

Tom said that basically the Manual Tranny flexes too much so he cannot get it to the next gear when he's racing. So the Auto does the job much better.

Yes, it was built up for racing, but good god, that thing is fast.

It's doing something like 460 HP with the Turbo System alone. I didn't ask what he gets when he hits the nitrous.

The thing is, he has all the stock body still on the car. If he lightened it up, I'm sure he'd hit the 10's no problem. But he's still using the heavy ass stock Hood, stock Hatch, stock doors, etc. The car could loose a hundred pounds yet.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's SICK man. way to show 'em! hellz yeah that's going to be awesome when it breaks the 10's. man you have a lot to look forward to. GK's are nice cars. nicer than any mustang, celica, eclipse any whatever.

don't get any ideas though, fuel prices are said to be rising.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 AM

well if you need to move this fast, gas prices are way higher. 116 octane aint cheap wink1.gif
Old 08-11-2006, 06:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I talked to him about the manual trannies. But he never bothered to look into building up the manual tranny, which you could do. Maybe he didn't know about the parts. But it would cost far less than building up an auto tranny. He only talked about how his BetaII tranny would shift too slow, which can be fixed.
As for them snapping axles. Stage 4 axles can be bought for $600 from the driveshaftshop.com
Or they can be fabricated with beefier parts from other cars that put out far more horsepower.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:32 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

/\ exactly, people see that an auto is being used and they say "huh, auto's must be better"

He most likely didnt think about building the manual, and maybe he was too scared of missing a shift and embarrassing himself haha.

Not to take away from he car tho, grade A stuff. Now if bryan would just get to the damn track with that new setup we could see what a similar tib with stick (and about 400lbs lighter) can do.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:35 AM

dont be an ass^ Anyone who can argue that Tom hasn't thought out how to build this tiburon is just talking crap. I'm sure his method of thinking wasn't just, "Uhh?" anything. The guy did testing, built turbo kits to sell, and pushed the car to 175 whp N/A before he pulled the 5 speed tranny and started building up an auto. Nobody said this was a stock auto, nor has anyone said they thought it was. This car is leaps and bounds ahead of anything out there, not just in results, but in finely monitored adjustments, consistent progress, and damn, its like a friggin Jet inside that car with all the electronics used to know exactly what the car is doing, when, how, and why.

If the 5 speed could have handled all of this, he'd be rockin it right now, but try to have some respect for doing what it takes to get the car to even pull sub 12's.

Now just imagine a built manual tranny on a RD1 pushing the same power but 100's of lbs. lighter. That's what I want to see, but after 4+ years of tuning RDs, I've not seen hardly any progress on drag racing. 12's are damn quick though for any hyundai, and I've been impressed by anything close to that.