External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.
View Poll Results: If you could have any bodykit for the RD given to you, would it be the VS?
Yes.
22.62%
No.
77.38%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

The Veilside Debate!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

And why am I not surprised about this thread? Especially considering who started it, the biggest VS hater of all. To me this is completely pointless and blatantly biased. I didn't even plan on posting, but you demanded that if we voted yes to post. I voted yes yes no. And I will not defend my choice against the opinions of others, because that is exactly what they are. I am 28 years old, not some arrogant little kid spending daddy's money. I investigated everything for the tib before I bought anything. Yes, there are other body kits for the RD2 that I like VERY much. But at the same time, it was the Veilside RD2 tib that made me fall in love with the car to begin with. Yes it is overplayed. Even over the top you could say. That is why I got it. To build a show car. Why are there so many VS out there? Obviously because it is the most copied and available AND popular kit for the RD2 (just not for the majority of those on this forum.) Admittedly, that may be partly due to the fact that people didn't know about other kits, but for a lot of people that go to the extent of getting a kit for their car they check out a few first, not just buy the first thing they see. And yes, the Rector kit is the ugliest thing ever made. tongue.gif Nuff said.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Why can you have a racoon's balls in your sig but when I have a clothed woman it's considered offensive?

There is a better subject for a debate wink1.gif
Old 10-30-2006, 10:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I voted no,no,yes.

I used to like the veilside and among the general public it is the most popular, there's no competition veilside is a big company and is know for quality, they have the most exposure, it's just a matter of marketing. Plus the fact that subtle and stock are not things that go well with sport compacts and car shows. People want the wildest and it is it.

But after realizing just how low it is and seeing it in person I don't like it, it is the symbol of over the top and excess when it comes to tiburon body kits. My ultimate favorite is the mps aka cuda 2, though I seriously doubt I will ever get/install one do to the fact that once I lower my tib driving on public roads would suck. Plus I've got my type-r oem skirts in the garage to install/paint.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:51 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Oct 31 2006, 05:26 AM)
^ Why can you have a racoon's balls in your sig but when I have a clothed woman it's considered offensive?

There is a better subject for a debate wink1.gif

It's supposed to be little red riding hood and the big bad wolf. wink1.gif
Old 10-31-2006, 08:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I too am also surprised at the ripoff/copy/clone numbers.

Equal fitment, and one is a rip off and the other is real, I would pay a little bit more money for a real one myself... if I ever bought one of these body kit things.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:32 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I voted no, no ,yes. I do not like the VS kit and I would not buy it. But I understand that some people like it same as some poeple would not like kit I would chose for my RD.

There are as many likes and dislikes as there are many different people.

For example I do not like RD2 particularly also. I am more of an RD1 person. At the same time I think that both RD1 and RD2 are better of without any of the complete kits. Sideskirts yes, Lip yes a bigger wing maybe but a complete kit no,no. wink1.gif
Old 10-31-2006, 10:44 AM

NO, NO, YES

Once upon a time, when I first got the Tib, I thought the VS kit looked badass. Now that I'm a little older, a little wiser, and have better taste, I think it actually sucks.

My personal kit preferences (from best to worst):

Ixion
Genius
Cuda 1
Cuda 2
Zefiro EVO
Zefiro Turbo
Club GTR
VS
That ugly ass 8 eyed kit thing
Old 10-31-2006, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

honestly I liked the look of the VS. All the nice curves and everything. It actually plays on some of the curves that comes stock on the Tib.
I voted No No No for these reasons:
1) it is WAY to popular. I'm honestly getting sick of seeing it.
2) it is to big. makes the car look like a big box on wheels. what happened to the sleak low look of the tib?
3) it is a symbol of rice.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:09 PM

I dont think its ugly, I just dont like it, I had the kit for awhile until I saw the light then realised the stock body is alot more sexy thatn the VS.

Anyway if it wasnt for VS I would have never know about tiburons...
Old 10-31-2006, 04:13 PM

When I first saw the VS kit I loved it....Then I really broke it down. And it pretty much came down to that its HUGE and UGLY. I put one on my car and within a week had it off cause it was to big. It would great for trailor queens but not for daily drivers. I think that a small semi aggressive kit looks good but best of all just slam a tib and let those sexy curves do the talking for themselvs.