External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.
View Poll Results: If you could have any bodykit for the RD given to you, would it be the VS?
Yes.
22.62%
No.
77.38%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

The Veilside Debate!

Old 10-30-2006, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (tunershark87 @ Oct 30 2006, 06:07 PM)
who focking cares.......

Obviously you do. You brought it up in another thread.

I'm personally tired of everyone bringing it up all the time (yup, even me!), so this thread will be the battle ground between cowcatchers and EYE catchers.

jesus everyones car is going to be different because people all have different likes,

Well DUH. No one said every RD should look the same ya moron.

this debate isnt even a f*cking debate because first of all you dont go starting off a debate dissing the other side, someone obviously hasnt taken english or comp in a while lmao.gif

Sure it's a debate. I'm debating the anti rice/cowcatcher side. You are debating the "Lack of taste" side. Sounds good to me. And if you follow ANY debates at all anymore, that's ALL they do, is diss the other side.

As for English, you couldn't be more wrong son. I've probably taken one more recently than you. And what do you mean by "comp"? I'm on a computer quite a bit.

no wonder why i dont get on here very often...........

Not like it matters much, what good have you done for the site or hobby recently? Or at all?

QUOTE (tunershark87 @ Oct 30 2006, 06:44 PM)
i really dont know what the big deal is either, there hyundai's, nothing specal....... not very fast and you cant find jack shit for them.

Unkay, you are bringing up english classes and type like that? Learn how to punctuate and spell, it's part of our forum rules.

Verbal warning.

Now, for talking anti RD/Hyundai, you get an official warning.

You can find a TON for them. Just gotta know where to look. You just proved my point, you ONLY bought that bodykit because it was the ONLY one you could find.

As for fast?

Jon GTR, MadJon, Viper, 2uniq, he says you guys are slow. Oh, and I'll hit up Sport Compact Car and tell them they were wrong about the Beta's potential.

Asshole.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:17 PM

Back on topic, I personally don't like the VS kit. But I've never seen one in person, so I might change my opinion - doubtful though.

I'll say this. A black Tiburon with Z Fenders, Korean Type R skirts, the F2 Evo Bumper and a Cadamurro hood would be the best looking Tiburon I could ever imagine.

Now, if only I could get a Cadamurro hood. Sigh!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:22 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I voted NO NO NO...

Unless someone actually was giving me a veilside body kit... I'd take the veilside body kit over leaving empty handed. It's a body kit. Hell, it costs about $1500.

I'd also paint and install because I'd have a full body kit for $250 in paint code LE.

I don't hate the look of the Veilside. I think it's alright. I'd choose the 8 eye over the veilside and actually install 4 more headlamps. I'd like to see more options, i think there's only 6 body kits available for our vehicals and 4 of them have been trashed in this thread.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:26 PM

Actually...

http://www.powerbest.co.kr/shop/shopbrand....=042&type=X

There's more than 8 just for the RD2.

Hell, there's even a few missing from that set of them.

There's about 10 for the RD1 on the RD1 version of that page.

BTW, the most interesting part of this poll so far is how many of you think it's okay to have a copy of a legit kit.

You guys wonder why the legit ones are so expensive and why they are so hard to get anyone to make us a new kit? It's because folks don't care who they screw, as long as they get the product for as cheap as you want.

I'd refer all of you that voted YES on question 3 above to check out the fitment of copied kits. I've got SEVERAL pictures from the Nopi Nationals of this particular kit and how bad it fits.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Redz, no one said it had to be a poor quality knockoff... someone can imitate a kit and do it well, that's not outside the realm of possibility.

Also, the reverse of your argument is also true. If companies didn't charge so insanely much (honestly, r&d and production cost for a body kit is nowhere near what they cost) for kits, then no one would bother buying knockoffs. Prices on those are ridiculous, but they charge it because they get away with it. And I don't really feel sorry for them, because obviously they're still making a profit or they wouldn't sell them...
Old 10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned

omfg, linetech, GTtech lips.. SEXXXXXXX... lol

i want the damn GENIUS front end SOOOO bad...

and that kit on the orange car is worse than VS, lol

as for the copies.. i wanted the MPS front.. but its impossible to get, so i got the teamsr one.. good price. AWESOME quality and fitment..
Old 10-30-2006, 08:37 PM

Good points you 2.

Wow, almost sounds like a real Debate.

drillsergeant.gif
Old 10-30-2006, 08:45 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundia Tiburon

Um might just be me but wouldn't those of us who voted yes on 3 be opposed to the cloned kits?

Also the VS kit, as well as many other kits for our cars, seems to try to hard to play off the lines of the car, sort of one of those great theory, bad practice deals. Also I would like to 2nd the statement about the GTtech and Linetech lips.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

No, No, No (as long as its of similar quality)

I never really liked the veilside, i think its too overdone and everywhere but if you truely like it, thats fine.

My fav is the cuda 2 (the one that socks has) and the kit that gary has(any one know the name??), i cant really choose between them.

guess thats the benefit of NOT being "slow before go"....gives me time to think...haha
Old 10-30-2006, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Lip kits= fing02.gif
Ixion(fav),Cuda 2, Garys Kit, MPS= fing02.gif
VS- way too many!

If I had to get one of the above, it would be the lip kit on that white car in the linky(guessing linetech) or the IXION kit.