External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.
View Poll Results: What color should I make my underbodys?
Blue
22.22%
White
16.67%
Blue & White
11.11%
Blue & Red (purple)
5.56%
Don't do any!
44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Underbody Leds

Old 11-17-2006, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Since making my interior vent halos, I've been wanting to make my own underbody LEDs. I'm pretty sure I can do it and make it turn out right, and it will be a fun process. (Don't worry, I'll make a DIY) Now the question is, what color?

I've got a black Tiburon, with all blue interior lights. my interior

I was planning on doing blue underbody LEDs to match, but I really like the look of white ones on a black car as well. (Thanks to NFS Underground 2!)
I could try doing dual color, and get a white and blue combo, but then I might have switching problems...
If I really feel up to it, I could possibly do red and blue LEDs on separate switches, and make the gf really happy when I turn them both on (purple).

So a few options:
1. Blue
2. White
3. Blue and white
4. Blue and red (purple)
5. I'm crazy

Give me your opinions!!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM

underbodys are gay IMHO. Nothing screams look at me im a ricer more than Alcheezas and Underbodies...
Old 11-17-2006, 04:21 PM

there not that gay... i bought my car with them and it looks really good... even though ive used them like twice
Old 11-17-2006, 04:23 PM

Point made that you just said.. there not that gay, which means that your opinion still states there gay to some extent... Ha.. im just ranting.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'd say white, I think that'd look really nice with the black car.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM

i really just depends on the car... and if it is right

if you see the tubes its gay... if it there is huge gaps everywhere its stupid too

if you take ur time and do it it looks good
Old 11-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned

underbody neon is the gayest thing that you can do to your car, please dont do it...

now, on the contrary to my statement, if you use the super thing LEDS, and go around the WHOLE perimeter of the car, including the wheel wells, and you CANT see any of the lights themselves, and use a small amount of power to them, just to give a SMALL glo, instead of the really bright light, it would look kool
Old 11-17-2006, 06:04 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know what you're up to.. I want white ones for the front and red ones for the back.. Do you think they'll be bright enough though?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^ Yeah you do DTN wink1.gif It's really hard to ship them since they're so long, so I don't know if I can. I also want to make mine first to see if it works. However, front and back will only be about 26-30 inches, so it may be possible... I would need you to premake the LEDs too! [your rods came today, will try to work on them tomorrow...]

I've already scouted out where I'm going to put the rods when I'm finished, and they will be totally invisible. There's almost no way you can see them unless you're really underneath the car. All you'll see is a glow on the ground.
I'm going to power them to a switch inside my car (my custom switch setup inside my console cover - use my last switch 02.gif ). I'll keep the power thing in mind socks, I wasn't sure how many I wanted to put in there, so I may reduce it by a few LEDs. It will definitely be bright enough, I'm probably going to have one 5mm LED every 2 inches. I don't think I can do it in such a way that I get it going everywhere around my car, just in the normal spots that these things shine.
Mind you, these will be LEDs, not glowing neon tubes (neon = gay)
I know blue isn't road legeal, is white?

VOTE peoples!!! drillsergeant.gif
Old 11-17-2006, 06:50 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could get a more uniform flow by doing something like this mabye.. it's stensil from walmart. Maybe it will help you? Dunno.. It's your project... This is how i backlight LED gauges.

it helps to disperse the light instead of having a "viewing angle"