External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.
View Poll Results: What color should I make my underbodys?
Blue
22.22%
White
16.67%
Blue & White
11.11%
Blue & Red (purple)
5.56%
Don't do any!
44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Underbody Leds

Old 11-17-2006, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'll be having the LEDs perpendicular to the acrylic rod instead of pointing directly in it (see illustration below), and like the cuts on the angel eyes, it really disperses the light from side to side a lot. I'm not worried about getting it to go in the right direction, just color, legality, and brightness. And as mentioned before, these will be totally invisible to the viewer, just the reflection on the ground.

LEDs

| | | |
\/ \/ \/ \/
===================

acrylic rod

Old 11-17-2006, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

StrikeEagle, i highly recommend not doing the whole LED thing. But that's just me. I would put fourth the money for something more worthy like HID's or bodykit or rims, you name it.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Eh, if he wants to go for it, why not? Honestly, aside from the whole ricer stigma, underglow can look really good on a car. Call it rice if you want, it still looks hot.

A suggestion: wide angle LED's, I think they make ones that have a wider viewing angle.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

do some performance man. make your money spent be worth it. lol
Old 11-17-2006, 10:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well the thing is, since I want to make them myself, it will cost probably less than $30, plus it will be a really fun project. I'm hoping to get HID's anyhow around Christmas time, and $30 won't really help towards rims...

There's a few things I'm looking at performance-wise, but nothing really in the works for now. I love playing with LEDs and doing what I can with them.

When the LEDs are in the acrylic, it disperses them to about a 75 degree angle, so I don't really have to worry about getting a wide angle LED. I may go for the 60 degree ones anyhow, but we'll see.

Also, since it's going to be on a switch inside, I'll probably only turn them on when I want to show off (not on the road). BTW, I still haven't heard, I know blue isn't road legal, but how about white? I'm thinking it is legal, but haven't heard any final word...

Thanks for the comments, but I need more votes and comments before I really make a decision!!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:28 PM

lol you guys totally flame anything that has been in a fast and furious movie. I'd rather add stuff onto the inside and ouside of my car than to tune it. I'm lost when it comes to the engine tongue.gif