External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Tint or No Tint

Old 02-14-2005, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just remember... if you get pulled over.. immediatly roll down your windows so the cops can see what is going on.. otherwise they may approach your car with guns almost drawn...
Old 02-14-2005, 09:16 AM

I have .5% tint (SUPER DARK) and I LOOOOOVE it! But in Illinois you can't have it on the front side windows so mine's only in the back. I'm used to it so I can drive easily but whenever my bf drives my car he says he cant see out the back windows (you so can)
Old 02-14-2005, 11:27 AM

wow! .5, im thinking your bf is right!

but does anyone know a website or have pics of any examples? anything is appreciated
Old 02-14-2005, 11:32 AM

half a precentage has to be pretty close to just paining the inside of your window black.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:40 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

QUOTE (shark2)
wow! .5, im thinking your bf is right!

but does anyone know a website or have pics of any examples? anything is appreciated

ask a cop, most of them (depending on the state) have a tester in their car. I know all of the road patrols here have one... 02.gif
Old 02-14-2005, 02:19 PM

QUOTE (alex01tib)
Kit look at that car... it has no tint

srry the computer i was on at school made it look like it was like super super dark, ya ur right it dosent look that bad at all, i think my rear window has a bit of a tint stock or something, or its just soo clean, 20$ says i keep my car the cleanest of anyone here, vacume inside once a week, wash outside weekly, wash rims weekly, (if its realy bad ill wash the body mid-week), do all glass cleaning bi-weekly, exhaust cleaning weekly, engine clean tri-weekly, dash cleaning bi-weekly, trunk cleaning bi-weekly, spare wheel compartment cleaning every 4 weeks, underbody cleaning every 6 months. Lol, anyone can beat that?
Old 02-14-2005, 03:21 PM

Psh, that's all?
I easily beat that

^^^
all lies

but dang (that words allowed right), cleaning engine tri-weekly, thats a pain lol
you have a very clean tiburon
Old 02-14-2005, 04:29 PM

I haven't washed my car since it snowed...
Old 02-14-2005, 04:40 PM

Everytime I wash my car it snows. 02.gif

Back on topic...
I wouldn't excede the legal limit by much, cops can and will pull you over for it. I don't know how much the ticket is, but any ticket sucks. Anyways, in my opinion, some cars look good with tint, some don't. Tibs look good with tint, but I wouldn't go too dark if you have a light colored paint job. Just looks funny to me.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
I haven't washed my car since it snowed...

/ / I'm with him. With it either snowing or raining down here twice a week, its kind of pointless.
The only thing I hate more than the retarded drivers in my area is the fact the EVERY TIME you wash your car it rains within the next day or two.....

Honestly though, Shark2, even if its legal for you to go darker, for the purpose of trying to match your tint to CF, don't go lower than 20%.

I was lookin at my tib from my 3rd floor balcony yesterday afternoon and my measely 35% looked closer to 5% (in sunlight)....of course part of that is the angle I was looking at it and the fact that I use a windshield screen that has a black backing. The black backing and moderate tint with a car that already has a dark interior goes a long way.