External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Sunroof

Old 01-22-2005, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof

Is it possible for it to freeze shut? I tried opening it yesterday but it wouldnt open. I could hear the motor working so it wasnt that. Im thinking maybe water got in the crevices and froze, and now its frozen shut. Anyone else ever have this problem?
Old 01-22-2005, 04:30 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

yea. happens once in a while for me... while you're holding the button to open it, just push up a lil bit. generally doesn't take too much effort to get it to go.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:32 PM

thats probably exactly what happened, did u try pushing it from the bottom?

just from my experiences with the sunroofs ive had in my previous cars (MX-3 precidia, olds.). i would advise not using it in winter, i had to fix both of mine till i learned my lesson.just rub down the sunroof liner with spray on sylicone to keep it lubed , and dont touch it till summer.

nothing sux more than ur sunroof being stuck open in the middle of winter on the highway.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:46 PM

I can beleive that.. my old excel. I destroyed the window winder on the driver's side after a snow storm.. it got stuck up and I tried to roll it down for a toll.. stripped the gears right out of it.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:01 PM

Yeah I tried pushing it, didnt work. It sucks, cause me and my boyfriend were driving on the highway, I was in the middle lane and the fast lane was merging into my lane, some jackass decides hes gonna try to pass me in the fast lane at the last moment, but there was no room for me to let him in so I had to move over into the slow lane slightly or else this guy wouldve run me off the road. Well anyway I sped up and passed him, then cut him off, and my boyfriend wanted to open up the sunroof so he could stick his hand out and give him the finger. But we couldnt get the sunroof open. aargh4.gif :squintfin madfawk.gif damnit.gif
Old 01-22-2005, 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Tibbychick)
Is it possible for it to freeze shut? I tried opening it yesterday but it wouldnt open. I could hear the motor working so it wasnt that. Im thinking maybe water got in the crevices and froze, and now its frozen shut. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Yes it happens,.... But I park in a heated garage, so I just wait till the morning and it's all good smile.gif
Old 01-22-2005, 06:46 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

QUOTE (Tibbychick)
....Well anyway I sped up and passed him, then cut him off, and my boyfriend wanted to open up the sunroof so he could stick his hand out and give him the finger. But we couldnt get the sunroof open. aargh4.gif :squintfin madfawk.gif damnit.gif

thats the main reason why Moonroofs were invented anyways, right? haha. i love having that extra window.

and notice i said MOONROOF. not sunroof tongue.gif:

noob

joke.gif lmao.gif
Old 01-22-2005, 06:55 PM

I know its a moonroof, ass. I just always call it a sunroof.

Ass. lmao.gif