External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Anyone else have headlight problems?

Old 01-17-2005, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Anyone else have headlight problems?

Tonight i saw that my left headlight was out. I wouldnt usually care but since i bought the car a year and a half ago, i have replaced 4 headlights. why does this happen? does anyone else see this same problem? any help would be great because i dont know what to do. thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Personally, I think the lights go because of bad grounding in the electrical system. Doing the DIY wire upgrade would not hurt at all. You will see some more longevity out of your lights, how much I don't know.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:48 PM

Wow!! that's starting to get expensive..do you touch the bulb itself when you put it in..I doubt this is the cause of the problem but I've heard that you're not supposed to touch the glass part of the bulb as it shortens the bulb life. If your car is still under warranty, you could take it to the dealer to see if they can detect the source of the problem...I think electrical components are warrantied for 2 yrs..not too sure though..
Old 01-17-2005, 07:50 PM

Yeah, it seems like my passenger side headlight goes out about every 6 months.One day when I have the time, I should try looking into it and see if I can figure out why.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Same deal here. Pass. side always goes out first. It also seem dimmer that the other. I plan to do the "Big 3 Wire upgrade to get a better ground come warmer weather.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:12 PM

seems to be a big problem http://www.rdtiburon.com/forum/showthread....70&page=1&pp=40 (everyones griping about it) well no need to rebuttle (lol Spatri's gonna love this post), idk why but ive never had any problems close to the headlams, a few burnts, 1. the clock fuse blew once, w/e else it handles 2. entire right side right positional lights. thats all.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

our headlights seem to burn out often...

and, touching the glass can make it burn out quicker. Being that it's a halogen bulb, the oils/grease from the human hand stays on the glass, causing it to get hotter than normal, which causes it to burn out....

very important to not touch the glass on any halogen bulb.

i JUST replaced my left side one last week. first time i've had to... not cheap either
Old 01-17-2005, 08:34 PM

It's a very common problem. My left side blew almost immediately after I bought my car, along with the right side foglight. The right side just blew last week. I have the big 3 done, so I don't think that helped.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:36 PM

yep same thing happened to me, thats why I bought an HID kit. No more bulbs blowing out. Ever.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:41 PM

I have had my tib 9 months and replaced the headlights about 6 times. The pass side is out again. It is always the pass side, but once they both went out in the same night, that ticked a lot of people when I was driving with only my brights.

I don't know what the problem is, maybe we should contact Hyundai about this. I am ordering HID's within a month though, so I won't have this problem any longer.