External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Spent several hours detailing

Old 10-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Spent several hours detailing

Who says white doesn't have any shine or reflection? tongue.gif The bottom of the picture is the reflection off the windshield, the top is the reflection off the hood.

It isn't the best shot, just a cell phone picture and slightly blurry and out of focus, but I was excited and wanted to post it.
I have an appointment to get the windows tinted on Monday morning. After that I'll take full body shots.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

is that a new Sonata across the street?

looks good. i saw one of these driving on campus the other day and heard the turbo spool up. it was badass.

i've lost faith in washing/waxing my car. every 3 days it gets filthy.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Good eye - yes, it's a new Sonata. I see them all over the place in TN.

Oh, and the salesman who sold me the GC recently sold a black GC to Metro-Nashville PD. My guess is they'll use it in their aggressive driving taskforce to catch street racers.

I'm washing every other week right now. Maybe once a month when it hits winter
Old 10-09-2010, 04:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

shiny wink.gif
Old 10-09-2010, 07:59 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Your car looks really shiney. It's hard to tell because every car shines at a certain angle. I can't tell where one pic stops and the other begins. It's a wierd angle.

You should do the windows yourself. It's easy! really, it's easy. It just takes about $20 in tint, some baby soap, a heat gun to form it, and a credit card to flaten the tint. We did Fluffer's windows in about 2 hours and it's still on there, not bubbled up or anything. I would take it to a pro for the back window only. The sides are easy.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Administrator

I haven't had time to do the windows myself, so I've decided to pay someone to do it because I really want it done now. I also want it done perfectly, and cut to fit the rear window - not pieced together.

I'm scared to do the side windows, because they roll up/down an inch when you open/close the doors. I'm afraid I'll leave it too loose or it'll peel off when the window moves. For a car that I'm going to have for several years, I'm willing to drop $120 for 2 hours worth of work and a great tint installation