External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Roof Repair, Help And Opinions Needed

Old 04-18-2008, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a few weeks ago somebody wanted to throw a large rock at my car while it was sitting right in front of my house. since the car has no alarm, i had no idea it happened. anyways, i got a large dent and like 2 smaller ones. if i try and repair the big dent with bondo glass it has a seam the the weather stripping goes along, i think i would be able to match the seam if i used a dremel carefully.

heres the pics, reply with some tips(I.E. how do i get the stripping off?)

Old 04-18-2008, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

first take off the interior trm and see if the dent is accessible from the inside. if so ou may be able to get away easily by just some bumping.
lemme kno if its accessable
Old 04-18-2008, 10:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, you definently need to try and pop it off. I'm working on a similiar project right now. Except the vehicle was rolled. then you use the bondo, it's supposed to be a finisher not a dent filler.

Thats why body work is so high. You'll need to either get a stud welder/screws and slide hammer or you can get a body work hammer and take out the head liner.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:37 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That will buff right out.

Sorry, someone had to say it.

You may want to use bondo-glass for that. It's much more rugged then bondo and it won't bubble up if it gets wet.