External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Realigning Headlights

Old 10-09-2005, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

i seem to remember WAY back when someone talkingabout the stock rd2 lights being pointed down.... well im tired of seeing jack shit and would like to know how u guys fixed the issue of only seeing like 75ft in front of u on the low beams. i think there is a way to realign, but i forget.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:13 PM

Pretty sure RD2 is the same way as RD1, so open your hood and find 2 screws near your headlights, turn then and it will either raise it or lower it, or put it to the left or to the right.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i don't know about rd2's. on my sister's car i couldn't figure out how to do it.

my quick answer. one quick but costly resolution.

H I D hail.gif
Old 10-09-2005, 11:20 PM

While HIDs will help, they still gonna suck if your lights are aimed to the ground... Those screws should be there man!
Old 10-09-2005, 11:54 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

they're not there for some odd reason. and the holes in the body there have nothing under them. HID's shine in all directions lol! i have absolutely NO need for foglights even though i use them just for looks now.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

There is a black screw that you simply use a phillips head screwdriver to turn. It's hard to get it in there with the battery being in the way, so I get a phillips head bit and put it inside an 8mm socket (or whatever fits) and do it that way.

It's in the manual somewhere... get the freaker out and read it. Going from memory, you should park 10 ft away from a wall and adjust the headlights so the line is about 2.5 feet high off of the ground. I honestly can't remember, so just get your manual out and look!

But yes, the screws are there. Pretend you're replacing the bulbs, look at the back of the housing (hood popped) and look for a black circle with a screw in the center, then at night, do as I said (park in front of a wall and angle them properly). Have both the left and right headlight lines at the same spot.

EDIT: See my thread. Pay attention to my summary at the bottom.