External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Question Reguarding Bumper Install And What Parts Go Where?

Old 03-15-2010, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a new bumper and am currently putting it on. I ordered a part and its called the grille support, its shown on the parts diagram under faq on this site here. its part number 86360 27000 and is on the first page of the 2001 tiburon parts. This part was not on before when i took the bumper off, so i am wondering where it goes. Also, the gray energy absorbing foam piece that is gray, that doesn't attach to anything at all, does it?? it just sits between the black energy brace and the front bumper?? Finally, is there a seperate rubber seal that is on the hood of a tiburon. I have a seal strip across my bumper, but it appears as if there may be a seal strip that goes around the hood too to help keep water out?? Help me out as i need to know these things.. thanks a ton

matt
Old 03-15-2010, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

I'm pretty sure the styrofoam just sits loosley,and the hood itself has no rubber on it,just the strip in front and above the firewall on the body.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

the strip across the top of the bumper isn't important. I haven't had it on my car since 6 months after I bought it in 2000.

the energy absorber just sits behind the bumper against the car.

I'm not sure what the grille support is. Just keep the energy absorber on the car and you'll be fine.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

You don't have to use that seal strip for the hood. I removed the hood insulator / heat shield off my hood along with the front and rear rubber seal which gives my engine compartment a cleaner look since the hood is already painted underneath.

Engine pic with heat shield still on the hood

Engine pic with heat shield removed from hood

Don't worry about water getting under the hood. By removing that rubber seal you allow a little bit of cool air to enter and cool your radiator and it also helps to get some cool air to your air filter if you run a setup like mine.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

very nice
Old 02-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It sounds like you're getting closer to a back-to-life thread! Keep it up!