External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Painting your car a different color

Old 07-27-2010, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tibby
Default Painting your car a different color

Would painting your car a different color, lower the value of it, if you dont paint the engine bay and door frames? Im thinking about having the car painted to something else but I dont know if I'll have the money to do the engine bay and all that. My car is black now so it probably wouldnt be so bad for the engine bay but the door frames might look a little weird not matching the rest of the car. dunno.gif
Old 07-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I would say Yes. What color are you painting it, and why?

Do door jambs, frames, and at least the underside of the hood and the inside of the fenders when you pop the hood. Leaving the engine bay black is fine IMO, but make sure the other body panels are painted.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

I wouldn't buy a car with 2 different colors unless it was a two-tone job...
Old 07-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Yes, it'll lower the value.

It might be easier and cheaper in the long run to sell your car and buy one the color you want (if that color is available).
Old 07-27-2010, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

ask your body shop guy how much the difference will be if you add the jams to be painted also. I was quoted at first a grand. when i told him that i would take apart everything in the door frames and remove seals, etc... he quoted me 500 and held to that quote.

what he didn't like on what i did was i scuffed all the jams in 220 grit,lol. little did he know i did that on purpose to make sure he would actually paint new factory silver over my old silver.

IMO... black in the ONLY color in the engine bay if you went with a different color.