External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

no more dent :)

Old 04-09-2004, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

a couple months back i was cut off, causing me to swerve to avoid them, only to hit a truck in the right lane. the person who cut me off took off so i would have had to pay the $500 deductible if i would have claimed it.

so, i had Chris (blacktibs) get me a fender from his parts car - which was in great condition, only a few minor imperfections. i wasn't sure if the color of the fender would match mine (fender came from a 1st gen) due to paint wear, etc...but it goes perfect. can't even tell its from a different car.

the remove/replace took about an hour and a half. everything went smoothly, except i broke 1 bolt. blah. but, everything is all tight, so no need to worry on that.

here are some before and after pics:
before

after

don't know what was wrong w/ my camera. but theres some sorta shadow thing goin on. ignore that tongue.gif

thanks again Chris! laugh.gif
Old 04-09-2004, 03:05 PM

Sweet man, good deal. You'd never know the difference. The only thing you may want to work on is the alignment between the door and the fender. Looks like it may be off just a tad.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:26 PM

yea... either the door was not closed all the way.. or the fender is popped out some from the door line
Old 04-09-2004, 10:01 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

yes. i noticed that also. when i get a chance, i'm gonna loosen a couple of the bolts and push it up.

i was hoping that no one would notice. lol.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I need the same one, anyone got a spare?