External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Led Conversion

Old 11-14-2008, 04:53 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ First try reversing the bulb to see if it is in backwards. Then, pull the bulb out and check it with the battery. Use a volt meter to verify that you are getting the proper voltage to the bulb. I am not aware of a sensing for the fogs, you could try plugging in just 1 standard incandescant to see if it will power up the LED. I don't have fog lights so I really can't tell you much more then that.

QUOTE (Blank_00Tib @ Oct 31 2008, 12:43 PM)
Well any led bulb I put in there burns out so if I put a battery to them they still act the same as if the were actually on the car flickering away till there dead. Really pissin me off. Don't think water is the problem. Would it burn out a normal halogen bulb if it was water or corrosion or anything? Cause the halogen's are fine.

I've really got no clue as to what is burning out your lamps. Usually flickering lamps are a manufacturers defect. You should get a different brand, or see if they will warranty replace them. SuperbrightLEDs has a 1 year warranty.

QUOTE (hyunshark21 @ Nov 10 2008, 02:19 AM)
i have a question, i was unsure so i thought i would ask, i was wondering when you buy from superbrightleds.com do the LEDs come in pairs or just one? didnt want to buy more then i needed.

Just 1. You need to buy 2 at a time for all lights on the outside of the car.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried like 3 brands now man but thanks for the response. I emailed them half hour ago asking what the warranty policy is, knowing it was a one year. Don't want to sound like I broke em and just want new ones lol. They're just going to go out again though if it's gonna keep following the pattern that's happened 6 times now lol. It's so incredibly maddening to not have the whole hid look cause some stupid f***ing thing you can't figure out, that no one else seems to know the solution...gah rant.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:48 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Got all of my LED bulbs in yesterday, and the car looks great. The bulbs are all brighter than the OEM bulbs, which I thought was amazing.

Also to report, the BLE style LED flasher I had linked to before WORKED! Fits, easy to swap out, and now my blinkers flash at a normal rate too! No more ricer LED fast flashers!

CF13 JL-02 is the model number, and you can get it from SuperbrightLED's or I got mine on Ebay from the same folks I got my bulbs from, ebay member vleds.

And yes, it makes the clicking noise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-PIN-JAPAN...58776QQtcZphoto

You might be able to find these at Autozone or elsewhere.

As for the bulbs, I'll be doing a big post about them soon, they are very VERY bright, and way cheaper than SuperbrightLED's ones. In short, get the biggest bulb that will fit (you can usually find this out by the seller, it'll say the bulb will fit in all OEM housings, meaning it's no bigger in any dimension than a standard bulb), get bulbs with SMT (some call them SMD) LED's as they have a 130 degree or larger arc, and get bulbs that have them mounted on every side to fill your lens with light. Also, there are many listed as HIGH POWER SMT's now, and there IS a difference! Get the high power ones.

More to come.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

ive been pretty intrested in this for awhile REDZ can you put together a part list with the part#'s and quantity you ordered. also a link to where you saved the money on them would be nice.

i definatly think converting to LED and HID will just keep the car modern and fresh looking.

ALSO do you guys suggest going HID for foglights or the LED route which someone else mentioned in here. i'm guessing if the LED route will work and looks good it would be much easier to hook up and you wouldnt have to worry about a place to stick the ballasts
Old 01-02-2009, 03:47 PM

Vehicle: 1998 & 2001 Tiburon

Also to report, the BLE style LED flasher I had linked to before WORKED! Fits, easy to swap out, and now my blinkers flash at a normal rate too! No more ricer LED fast flashers!

CF13 JL-02 is the model number, and you can get it from SuperbrightLED's or I got mine on Ebay from the same folks I got my bulbs from, ebay member vleds.

And yes, it makes the clicking noise.

I bought that LED flasher a couple of months ago.

Everything REDZ said is correct.

I took mine out though, because when my parking lights were on you could barely tell the front turn-signals were blinking (there was almost no brightness

differnce between parking lights and whe the turn-signals were engaged).

i definatly think converting to LED and HID will just keep the car modern and fresh looking.

My thoughts exactley!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

I took mine out though, because when my parking lights were on you could barely tell the front turn-signals were blinking (there was almost no brightness differnce between parking lights and whe the turn-signals were engaged).

hmm 2 things on that

did you use the same part# REDZ was using or did you just get a LED flasher that would work.?

also

your saying that with the one you used it wasnt any brighter when the turn signal was flashing?? if so was it still relatively brighter then the incandesent? just that it dosent get any brighter/dimmer with the parking vs. turn signal as a standard bulb would.

just trying to weigh and pros/cons of the conversion
Old 01-02-2009, 09:28 PM

QUOTE (optimoprime @ Jan 2 2009, 03:29 PM)
ive been pretty intrested in this for awhile REDZ can you put together a part list with the part#'s and quantity you ordered. also a link to where you saved the money on them would be nice.

ALSO do you guys suggest going HID for foglights or the LED route which someone else mentioned in here. i'm guessing if the LED route will work and looks good it would be much easier to hook up and you wouldnt have to worry about a place to stick the ballasts

I posted above bro, Ebay member vleds. Really good service. I'll post it all up probably tomorrow. One of the most interesting things was I closed my garage door so I could see the bulbs work while I ran the controls, after I put in the first set of bulbs in the back. The stop lights were at full brightness before the incandecents even started lighting up. That's a BIG safety advantage.

Imagine .5 seconds saved in reaction time at 80 MPH on the freeway.

I can say after driving the car today and looking at these in daylight, that they are plenty bright to be seen. I had the same problem with brightness on my very first try with bulbs, but there's a reason for that.

All my LED bulbs the first time were regular LED's that shine like almost totally straight on. You need to fill the lens and reflector to get good lighting.

Second, I was using white LED sets with red lenses. that's not good. Get your LED's in the same color as the lens or bulb it's replacing.

What I ordered, really quick were...

60 SMT LED bulbs for the brake lights (49 for a set of 2)
13 High Power SMT LED's for the turn signals front and back. $19 each set of 2. Just make sure you get the dual filiment style for the front and the single for the back. Use our bulb chart to make sure you get the right ones, or just wait for me to post direct links and numbers.
LED flasher.

Now I'm ordering my interior ones and the 194's for the front marker lights tomorrow.

Go HID's for sure my man.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

pic request please.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:59 AM

I'll be getting all of that up probably this weekend, Chris will be home so he can take pics.

I can say that I did get to drive behind my car for the first time with the new bulbs in this morning, and wow, do they look GOOD. No more brake light delay between the spoiler LED lights and the tails, looks great.