External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

How many interseted in gullwing doors?

Old 08-31-2004, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for this front bar...

Before you guys say anything, the reason why i called it gullwing doors, is because its made under the gullwingdoors.com brand. Someone out there is going to want to say how its not techincally correct. But really its just a brand name, not meant to describe the exact motion of the doors. Other names are not 100% correct either: Theyre not really completely vertical, as these doors, go out, then half way up. Theyre not "scissor" doors necessarily, since it doesnt resemble scissors much at all, "lambo" is a made up word, etc. etc. Sorry for the ranting, but every time i post something with that company name, at least 3-4 people chime in on it. :-)

Anyway, the gullwingdoors kit for the tiburon 97-01 will be ready in about 2 weeks, and in America by October. Just wondering how many people would actually be interested in getting this. (this will determine how many are initially imported). These are 100% bolt on, specifically designed for the car. Higher quality than anything else manufactured in the usa or china. Engineering went into these to take into consideration shock pressure in different climates, geometry of the door, weight distribution, etc. etc. Most kits out there today are just either copied (civic kits), or cheap things thrown together, with no regard for many important factors.

Anyway, the normal price will be around 945 plus shipping, and 95 for the wire extension kit. I was thinking of doing a group buy also if theres interested for probably 845... Does this interest anyone?
Old 08-31-2004, 08:19 AM

Default Re: who are the phpbb gurus here?

Without pictures i doubt it will interest anyone. Take pictures of the hinges and the kind of work the fender will need.

There is definantly interest... but you need to show how much better your kit is compared to the other kits out there, since they all claim they are the best engineered.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:44 PM

Default Re: gk shift knob on rd

Well yes pictures would be good. I would defintely wanna see it first. If its a bolt on kit with no body work necessary then I'd be interested. Also a group buy at around $800 would be good.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Re: From Thailand W/Hyundai Luv

some body work will have to be done... regardless..

Its nothing that cant be done with a dremel though..

Fenders will need to be removed as well, more than likely. That goes for ALL kits.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: who are the phpbb gurus here?

I have seen the Shark Racing kit in person on an 03 Tiburon, and it looked perfectly lined up and stable. I don't know how durable and steady it was (didn't rock the door to see how flimsy it was) but it lined up perfectly on both sides. That could be due partially to the installer, but I talked with him and he was saying how easy and perfect the install went.

Getting the product... that's something totally different (as he put it in his words). Once you build a relationship and partnership with them you get your stuff faster, but as a first time buyer, Beware for delays. wink.gif

I wouldn't buy the kit, or even consider it, unless detailed pictures were shown, including amount of work to make it fit properly and to show the amount of modification needed to make it perfect (none of this complete bolt on, done in 2 hours BS I've heard elsewhere).
Old 08-31-2004, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Header Confusion

Intrested?

Yes.

Price?

Ehhh...

I remember talking to TeamSR on AIM...

Session Start (REDZMAN74:TeamSRHelp): Fri Jun 25 16:24:19 2004
REDZMAN74: Question for you.
TeamSRHelp: Yes, what can we help you with
REDZMAN74: On your site, it's got a picture of the new gull wing doors for the 1st and 2nd Gen Tiburons.
REDZMAN74: Do you know when they will be available?
REDZMAN74: Or howmuch?
TeamSRHelp: It has been delayed 3 weeks from Korea already. The picture you see on the website was on the prototype car. Our new release date is supposed to be next Thursday.
TeamSRHelp: Price will be around 995 for both doors
TeamSRHelp: that is our goal
REDZMAN74: Okay, fantastic. Who's making them?
TeamSRHelp: Not sure of the factory name in Korea where they are being manufactured at, but the brand name of the kits will be from (Link: http://www.gullwingdoors.com)www.gullwingdoors.com
Session Close (TeamSRHelp): Fri Jun 25 17:41:35 2004

What's with all of the delays?

In general, with pics, if they are a good setup, maybe. But probably not, I promised Jaws 21 I'd get in on the GB he's gonna hold for them. We allready know that's a pretty good kit.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:39 AM

Default 10+ Body kits assorted GB

I am interested if we can get pics....A price of around $1000 and the are bolt on and dont require major modification....hopefully able to be installed without fender removal since my side skirts are molded on.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Exhaust question for FI engine

You can buy a whole other car for that much (I know because I am buying a 98 with 32,000 miles on it with minimal frontal damage for $750.)....I am sure you can find a fabricator that would do a custom job for pretty close!! That just seems really expensive to me for a hinge, springs and a couple of bolts!!

just my opinion though.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:29 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default mbrp exhuast

LOL when you put it that way it's so true. The parts you get really aren't that big money. But it looks sooooo good on our cars. Any car really.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Re: FS: Custom COLORED Shift Boots!

if you get someone to make a custom kit.. it will be just as expensive maybe even more.

We should wait and see pics before anything.. who knows it might be better than the kit i could get.