External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Hood Pins

Old 02-08-2007, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after my incident with a mailbox, my CF hood doesn't seat as well. I was wondering if any one had a good sugesstion of manufacturer for hood pins. I can't bring myself to drill the holes, so i'm havin a body shop do it. Thanks for your replys.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

search around through ebay. sparco stuff is always regarded as top of the line.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

search first this is a good hood pin thread
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...mp;hl=hood+pins
Old 02-08-2007, 11:39 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

think i'm going to have to get those for my c/f hood.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:47 AM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundia/Tiburon Fx

Jeesh...... ya'all beat me to post my own post lmao.gif nana.gif After I posted these a buddy of mine got a set on his civic and they look great I'll see if I can snap some pic's.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:32 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

^^please do i would love to see
Old 02-09-2007, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

didnt mean to highjack but question on hood pins. hey i want to get hood pins so i can take out the center support that the hood latch is on, so i can move my intercooler up. My question is, is anyone using JUST hood pins? i'm not in the mood of having my hood fly up and crack my windshield while i'm dragging at like 120mph owned.gif
Old 02-09-2007, 06:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i mean, i can get my hood to sit super flush against the weather stripping using only the hood pins, but i dont think i would do it. little too risky for my blood.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:22 AM

I'm no expert, but I do have a car with pins. I would have no problem trusting only the pins (no latch). The ebay hood that I got (slightly different than VIS) had a weak stock latch. After a couple hundred miles without pin I could literally see my hood fluttering at 55mph. With the latch on the CF hood cracking, I finally tried those teeny locking hood pins. I could not get them to latch right on our curvy hood. Plus, if I did, there really wasn't much holding the hood in place. In fact, the Advance Auto Parts clerk (while purchasing them) told me his buddy in an eclipse with the same locking pins had them shear off and flip the hood open on the highway. yikes. I then moved to the sparco-style pins from autozone (they suck, but are secure). No flutter what-so-ever. Just by function, I trust them completely.

Moral of the story: from phorq's experience... normal, non-locking hood pins without a stock latch will work just fine.

disclaimer: phorq is not responsible if your hood breaks free from your latch, or hood pins and f*cks up your car or you in any way. Phorq just has strong opinions about what he has experienced with his ish.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned

so you hit a mailbox... but heres what i need to ask.. what do you mean by your hood doesn't sit right anymore? any pics of this? is it cracked or what?

its not the best idea to try and tighten the hood down, especially if its CF, to bend it to sit better, cuz all the stress on it, will eventually crack the hood..

so what exactly happened to your car..

those one aerolatch hood pins look good, but seem too big, and our hoods are soo curvy and stuff.

i could never EVER see myself putting hood pins on my nice CF hood.. ill stick with the quality latch. nana.gif