External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Hid Kits

Old 07-17-2005, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. Most of you know of my misfortune recently. If it comes down that I'm going to keep the Tiburon, the first thing I'm buying ASAP is an HID kit. I'm sick of not being able to see shit at night. My question is, what kind of kit should I look in to? I know Shark Racing has one, it's kinda pricey. Any recommendations??? Help please smile.gif
Old 07-17-2005, 08:02 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

They're universal. Search ebay or google.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

gonna move this to exterior.

most people will say the ballast is the most important part of the kit. anything with philips ballasts would probably be good, but i really havent researched deeply into these.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:22 PM

You also do not want to stray too far into blue.. keep the light as close as you can to white.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:06 PM

I noticed that 8000watt is more white... like 10,000 watt is blue stuff.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

HID kits are NOT universal. they will NOT fit on your H7 unless you specificly order some H7's.

You had the same problem as I had when I hit a deer with my F2 EVO Bumper... luckily no scratches but I decided to get an HID kit. mine was free from a good friend.

Definitely get some H7 85000K 9006 Low Beam HID Kit. All kits are plug and play meaning all you have to do is plug it in. They are nothing more than computers with high particle intensity bulbs that convert the wattage and speed up light particles and only use 35 watts rather than 60, 80, or 100. Secondary bulbs cost about $150 per pair, but get the 85000K bulbs included with the kit. 85000K will be the perfect light. Mine were 6000K bulbs free so I don't want to blow $150 on some new bulbs, but I can still see very good. Our stock projectors SUCK. Don't think that by spending money on a kit will waste your money; it will save your life and your cars life.

The light up the night. I haven't had any problems with visibility in mine! Scre those blue "HID Look" blue tinted bulbs, they don't work.

$200 for seeing the road is soooooo worth your money man. Take my word for it. It helps big time.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:42 PM

I knew there'd be some ricer remarks about getting anything more than 4300K. 4300K is LEGAL...people who drive around with more than 4300K just do it for the effect of the "blue" glow....which is merely a blue coating on the bulb which DIMS the frigging bulb.

Ever notice how you drive under a street lamp at night, and as the light passes the tinted part of the windshield, the yellow street lamp light becomes whiter, but dimmer? OMFG, that's awesome??!??! You can turn yellow light into white light...even a little bluish. eyeroll.gif

So what you're paying for, when you get anything about 5000K is...a more expensive bulb coated with a blue tint that reduces the yellow in the bulb, as well as decreasing the brightness of the bulb. And not to mention, all the ricer boys buy those.

OEM BMW Hella HID kits (rated at 4300K) is your best bet for something that provides bright light, and non-rice lights...or you can go waste your money on a 8500K, probably get pulled over and b!tched at by the po-po. Maybe you won't...whatever.

I'm only here to prevent the spread of more ricers amongst Hyundai owners, let alone Tiburon owners. Your money and your call.

Oh, you can get your Hella HID kit off of eBay.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:04 PM

If you MUST go into the blue.. do not go above 6000K. Like AC said, you start losing all sorts of visibility.

Also. AUX lights are your friends. I would suggest a nice set of fogs.. hella makes some great ones. Being a white light (not amber) I can drive around with them on all the time and not blind anybody.. I have mine set up to focus more to the front and sides.. with my headlights aimed up JUST under the threshhold that they start to annoy people
Old 07-17-2005, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

here are mine. 6500k.

no color was altered in that photo, that's the way 6500k are. also, you guys i think 8000k is still very white with a blue tint. i'm like 90% sure of it. anything above that is blue and you lose intensity. blue lights aren't ricer man. BMW's and Mercades have blue tinted HID's, Lexus use Purple. Blue coated lights are ricer but not HID uncoated. Also, with the right intensity, I've seen some pretty darn bright blue 8000k lights around here and they light up the whole street.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:04 PM

HKC, those high numbers mean the color of the kit, not the power of lightning. Lightning is measured in Lumens. 4300-5100K will be the brightest with a little purple at your projectors and yellowish white on the road; 6000-6500K will have a little less lightning power, but still enough to get you around, and will have more purple at the headlight and bluish-whitish-purpolish light on the road.

AC, there is no paint or w/e on HID bulbs.... you confusing with those $5 ebay bulbs, they are just glowing at different temperature and therefore giving different color.

Ebay sell McCuloch kits or something, they are not too bad and they offer 1yr warranty, price is around $300

Good luck man!

PS: HKC, that hood looks very familiar... where did you steal it from?