External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

HID Foglights: where to mount the ballasts?

Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tibby
Default HID Foglights: where to mount the ballasts?

Those of you that have an HID kit for your foglights, where did you mount the ballasts for them? Trying to find a spot and not sure where the best place is for them where they wont get hit with alot of water and dirt.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

There's lots of open metal right at the front of the engine bay immediately behind your headlight housing (down near your foglights). Kinda hard to get to with the accessory pulleys and windshield washer fluid resevoir, but I got all that stuff pulled on my car so it's staring me right in the face! Perfect spot. Just make sure it's secure and they won't vibrate out of their harness/mounts.

I peeked under my car one day to find my ballast hanging by the wires inches off the ground! HIDs were still working just fine, but had to relocate mounting locations!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Yeah, the front cross on the frame behind the headlights is perfect. Some double sided sticky stuff that came with the ballasts has been holding mine there for the last 8 months.