External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Veilside knockoff

Old 08-13-2010, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon
Default Veilside knockoff

Just picked up a veilside knockoff for $300 and, well had to share the story with everyone.

First off, the kit does NOT fit nicely in our cars in one trip. But i still had to try it. ending up with the rear bumper wrapping around the seat and poking me in the ribs. So on to the road with the hatch open to drive 50 miles back home barely exceeding 55 mph. And the weather feels like fall. But as far as I can see, it'll fit nicely.

Got lots of plans, will keep updated.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I hope you are on stock suspension heigth or you have the flattest roads on earth cause truthfully you will scrape everyting in gods green earth with that kit.

oh yeah you are in canada, you can use it to push snow quite nicely,lol. I did when that wretched front bumper was on my car.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I can relate to ur avatar now. Good luck, and check out the Veilside debate sticky
https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/in...showtopic=39295
Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 PM

I know majik, this is an ongoing thing, the pro-against VS thing. Everyone is entitled their opinion. I happen to like the look of the kit. Plus there's quite a bit more I have planned for my car.

And NvS; I plan to send a work order to the city for all roads plowed in winter, lol. No, I plan on getting a "winter beater" for the winter time once the kit is on.

Remember our old site motto - "Where tuning becomes an addiction." Well I'm hooked.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I enjoy the body kit, given the right styling on the car. I don't have a problem with people trying to save money, but body kits that are made from copies of copies of copies of the original mold usually don't have nearly decent fitment. You can't tell til it's going on the car. I've seen it in person, a bumper being an inch too wide so it won't bolt to the fender, a half inch gap around the taillight, the headlight holes cutting off half the headlight.

I hope it works out for you and it fits perfect. I'm just saying history shows the odds are against you. I've had people PM me with stories of paying $1,500-2,000 to a body shop just to get it to look good.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:50 PM

Yeah, I knew the risk before going into it. But I figured by the time I got the veilside up here, painted and installed, it would roughly cost similar to the $300 knock-off at worst case scenario for paying a shop to make it look good.

Otherwise, I would have just gone a different route.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

the veilside kit is by far one of the UGLIEST kits ive ever seen on a tib

looks like a catfish
Old 08-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^ way to not be helpful.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:17 PM

eh, i really like it, i wanted to go with it on my 2000 but then i decided not to. and honestly if yo uget a knockoff to fit up the same no one's going to notice so i don't see anything wrong with buying a knockoff.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

haha faithofadragon, i think i can get away with those comments much easier!!

i've only seen the Veilside one time in person while driving. it's not bad for a kit, but it's not great. but i think the stock RD2 bumper sucks anyways. i prefer something more subtle, or factory looking (that is, if the factory spec looks good to begin with).