External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Help With Side View Mirrors

Old 04-19-2005, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I tried to get my questions answered on webtech w/ no luck.
I'm going to be installing those clear arrow turn signals on the side mirrors but would like to know a few things before I begin install.

I'm confused on how to run wire from arrows (stuck to mirrored surface) to the hazard switch behind dash.......

Does mirror portion remove from black plastic housing? ....so I can run wire behind mirror so it's not visible.

How do I run wire though door jam? Any DIY's involving the door jam I could take a peek at?

Also, how do you remove the mirror from the car's body? (I will also be putting on M3 mirrors in place of the stock ones).

thanks in advance, patrick
Old 04-19-2005, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

Id like to have some new mirrors but have found nothing.. do you have pics?
Old 04-19-2005, 07:15 PM

what do you mean? pics of the M3's? I will take pics after I install them w/ the LED arrow turn signals. First I need some help (see questions above).........

If by new mirrors you mean my old stock ones, I will be selling them. They're the OEM flat black, with some wear and tear...need painting. (you can buy a $3 dollar can of flat black car exterior paint at wal-mart and it turns out nice).
Old 04-19-2005, 07:15 PM

It is a lot of work. I had to run wiring for the drivers door actuator. Should have just bought new mirrors instead of the stock ons tongue.gif . But if the wire is small enough you can run it through the speaker chanel in the bottom of the door then up inside the dash and splice into the hazard button. But if you have it wired to the hazard switch you will only get them to light up when the hazards are on and not when you turn on the blinkers.

-Edit-

Just saw your post. I guess you replaced the mirrors completly?
Old 04-19-2005, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

no bro i want some direct bolt aftermarket mirrors was thinkin worse comes to worse veilsides
Old 04-19-2005, 07:21 PM

yes I got two new mirrors (M3 style).

I believe the turn signal wire to tap into is located in back of the hazard switch. I don't plan on splicing just the power wire for hazards. tibby01 told me which one it was, can't remember but I will search for that post. That guy is a walking talking webtech! lol.

So, the door jam (or area where I have to run wire through) is at the bottom portion of the door? Wouldn't the wire be visibly running down from the mirror to the hole in the door?

I don't care if it's hard work...it's worth it in my eyes.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:22 PM

QUOTE (proturbotiburon @ Apr 20 2005, 01:20 AM)
no bro i want some direct bolt aftermarket mirrors was thinkin worse comes to worse veilsides

pm me bout that stuff man.....I will pm you pics when I take them. (or you could just eBAy search for M3 mirrors.....they all look the same, pretty popular).
Old 04-19-2005, 07:24 PM

No you take the door panel off and run it inside the door then out through the gromet that is already there into the dash area. Or if you get get that to work you can cut a new hold right about the stock one and one of the body and just use two gromets and some wire loom. That make sense? BTW I had to cut a new hole because I needed to run too much crap from the door for the actuator. Hope that helps ya!
Old 04-19-2005, 07:28 PM

thanks, so the wire will be visible running from door panel to under dash when door is open correct? If I get wire loom won't it crush when the door is closed?

Alos does mirror disconnect from housing? Or do I have to finagle the wire behind the mirror and around the other side, hoping a little piece of it sticks out that I can grab with tweezers and pull through?

-patrick
Old 04-20-2005, 05:04 AM

There is a "tube" in the door part going to the dash. That "tube" hides the cables...