External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Headlight Tinting - Lo&Show, take a look...

Old 10-27-2001, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The spray stuff is made by VHT. The same folks who make Caliper Paint. www.Summitracing.com carries it for $5.99 a can.
Old 11-26-2001, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went to the web site to find the paint do you have name for it.. and if i understand right i can spray this on the out side of my light housing on my car and i will stay on the lens... of any color i want.. thankyou
Old 11-26-2001, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure what site it is but if you look in super street index for shmotorsport. youll see they sell it pretty cheap too.

my friend used it before and it came out pretty crappy but i guess it depends on how you put it on. its hard to take off though. i used regular vinyl before on my foglights and it worked great.

ive also taken apart my headlights and covered all the chromey stuff with carbon fiber vinyl to give it that dark look and it worked great. its pretty easy to take off the casing and you can basically do the tinting yourself instead of paying 300.

but i honestly would watch out on that. if you have really good bulbs then you risk the chance of melting what you have on the inside. my covers on my lights are all dingy and yellow now since my lights were to bright.

my new korea oem ones look great. arent sae approved but ****. the glass on them bad boys looks great. better then plexiglass or plastic.

now i have seen a dude at the show who did his with the spray and it worked really good. dark tint..no actual color. just black. just took his time. worth a try i guess.
Old 11-26-2001, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The new headlights available from Shark Racing are damn nice. They are glass front, not plastic. This means they will NEVER discolor, fade or "yellow" like the stock USA spec headlights that are plastic.

The bulbs they use are H1 bulbs rather than the standard 9005 and 9006 that First gens use. They also have "city" lights built into them, however the USA spec wiring does not have wires running to the connector, but the pin's are there.

I'll be posting up full details and photos to explain all of this. I also plan on "coloring" the headlights, but not the front glass, I am going to leave that 100% clear for legality reasons. I am going to coat the chromed reflector, like long did. I'll have before and after shots for everyone, so you can get your own ideas as to what it looks like.