External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Headlight Tinting - Lo&Show, take a look...

Old 10-18-2001, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome...

I have since those pix taken the TCS for windows off the back side windows. Thought it was just a little to much. But I did replace solid vinyl visors front and back with the TCS windows. Now I don't twist my neck at traffic lights trying to see the sginal. Also did the sun roof and the wind deflector, works well for the monochrome look I am after.

albo
Old 10-18-2001, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

albo-
I like the concept...but the taillights and headlights still look..."grey" than white, but given the medium...I guess it is as good as can be done.

I'm just wondering if you somehow used "whiter" paint if they wouldn't look "brighter" and more white and less grey?

Any ideas anyone?
Old 10-18-2001, 08:55 PM

Local decal shops are starting to carry that stuff around here. We have a city bus that is completely covered in that stuff!
Old 10-18-2001, 10:31 PM

Random,
Yeah it does look grey and not white to match the car exactly. You're also right that if you use a brighter white it helps it to match better. Alot of it has to do with the lights you're going on. My tails were so dark to begin with it did end up looking grey, but I saw it on a white Toyota and the lights looked much whiter than mine.
The TCS product I guess is limited that way, but I still think it works great, and I get lots of head turns.

albo
Old 10-19-2001, 12:58 AM

For me personally, I wouldn't be going to try and match my body colour. I really like the shapes of the various lights on my car, and I want to find a way to bring that out. Automotive mascara, if you will. That's what I like about the tinting on the headlights of the King Body Kit photos. They're dark, so they tie in with the greyish colour of the car, but they aren't matched...they're still obviously separate from the rest of the body.

Albo - you may not have had personal experience with this, since you covered your lights with white...but does the film alter the colour of the output light any? If I were to cover my taillights, I would cover them with red, so that they would look completely solid...no white areas for the turn or reverse lights. BUT, having done that, would my reverse lights look red or pink when on? It really comes down to the film itself...is the film completely opaque except for the perforations, or does some light pass through, tinting that light?
Old 10-24-2001, 05:51 AM

i had that same stuff on my headlights and tailights and they looked beautiful
too bad i had to take em off, although i have been thinking of reapplyin em, but just to the front though.....
i have pics of em here...web page

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: green 2k accent ]
Old 10-26-2001, 05:35 AM

Green 2k,

To bad you had to pull off the TCS, gave an original look. Cops in VA are some of the worst about harrassing over any little thing.
I had to pull mine off once to get an inspection sticker, just put it back on and found a guy that would inspect it.
The car of the month is a Hyundai on the TCS website. Stuff looks sweet! http://www.visiongraphic.com/tcs2.htm

later on...
albo
Old 10-26-2001, 06:43 AM

That is why I like the TCS. It stays on good and holds up good to washing and weather, but it is removable if you need to get it off.

albo
Old 10-26-2001, 08:59 AM

The TCS film seems pretty neat...but I don't like how it gives the lights a matte finish with no depth. That's why I kinda want tinting...you keep the depth of your stock lights, just make the housing darker.

You got a product name on that spray stuff, Speedblind? Try and find me a source for it...I'd like to take a look.